Thread: What Bream Rods ?

What Bream Rods ?

Can anyone help me with Bream rods, I will be mainly fishing estuaries down in gippsland in Vic and i don't know what rod to purchase.
    can anyone help please.

Daza

Re: What Bream Rods ?

Shimano Jewel 1-3kg great rod i have used mine for trout and bream can get them for $100 online now used to be $180, pair that with a stradic CI4 and you have a great setup that you can throw lures all day with.

Are you going to fish with baits or lures?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Ive got a shimano sonic pro 3-5 kg spin its still very light but more fun when you hook up ,
    all depends on your budget and like what Horse said baits lures ,plastics .
    SEALEGGS

1-3 kg Pflueger Trion is a nice rod to start out on if you are on a tight budget ,around the $100 mark, or go and spend a lot more bucks and get a Nitro Vapor or a Shimano Tcurve in the mid range price bracket

Quote Originally Posted by Stik-ugly View Post
    1-3 kg Pflueger Trion is a nice rod to start out on if you are on a tight budget ,around the $100 mark, or go and spend a lot more bucks and get a Nitro Vapor or a Shimano Tcurve in the mid range price bracket
    +1 for the Pfluger Trion 1-3kg 7', I've got a 1000 Shimano Symetre loaded with 4lb braid on mine.

Really enjoy the bream on it but I am relatively new to lures and plastics so take my advice with caution...my previous bream gear was a 10' Killwell and a 600 Alvey...still love that simple set up when bait fishing for bream

best bream rod going..snyder 9' raider with a 6" Alvey.

Sorry guys, i will be using plastics and hardbodies

Daza

Try and have a look at the Austackle range of rods.The 7ft 1-3kg Camo stik and the Takeda fireblades are great allround rods with quality components at excellent prices.Like others have said the Trions are great rods aswell.

Hi
    I have a Wilson live fibre 3-5 kg 7' with a small penn slammer. Great for river and estuary. Great for whiting, bream and flatties, also bait and plastics.

Ronnie

Look at the Starlo ST Pro 2-4kg. Its not a bad rod for around the $130.00 mark. The Trion is also worth looking at
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

I use a 7ft 1-3kg Pflueger Trion with a Stradic 1000 FI which is ideal for Bream fishing but it has also landed some sizable Flathead and Mulloway.

Thank you all but i went for a Samaki 6 foot 10" rod, camo grip 2 to 4 kg