Thread: Dont stay at the seabreeze holliday park

Dont stay at the seabreeze holliday park

Easter just gone we stayed at THE WORST caravan park in Australia,i have stayed in parks all round our beautiful country but this one was the worst. South Ballina called the Sea breeze,
    An Ausie bloke they don't tell you when you inquire about the showers he tells you when you get there are Bore water, that's OK no probs but you cant drink it it will make you sick.I'm thinking i have stayed in heaps of parks where Bore water is used and i have never been told that.hmmm something is not right here ,he has what looks like 300 thousand gallon tank at the front of his house,so clearly hi house dose not have bore water.
    I just thought i would have a quick taste when i was in the shower,hmmm just as i suspected bloody chlorine so strong no wonder the paint was being removed from the tiles and the walls and doors and whats that other taste it tastes like the beach hmmm Salt water.This dodgy bastard must be piping the sea water under the road and into big tanks he has in the park then super chlorinating it chlorinating it .I think that is highly illegal , just not sure who to report him to.
    Happy travels ,don't stay here.

Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Re: Dont stay at the seabreeze holliday park

We normally camp at sandalwood caravan park in Wardell, just south of ballina dogs are invited on leads open fire pit and if you go in the off season you normally are by yourself as its mainly caravans on the other side of the park, good clean ammenties.

South beach park at Ballina is nice
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

This dodgy "bastard " is also the most welcoming and friendly park owner you ever met . Its not chlorine but tea tree oil . Hes park is spacious and he doesnt let more people in than it actually fits ,so people can enjoy themself.If you have been down the road from him in the other park you know what i mean . But each to their own i guess .We stayed there many times ,in fact when the salmon is running we pretty much down there every weekend .Sure you cant have a nice latte in "alfresco "setting , but then you shouldnt go camping if thats your cup of tea. No need to ruin someone reputation because you stayed in a cheap park and didnt get 5 star treatment .
    George
    At Heaven's gate a soldier stood,
    his story ready to tell,
    St Peter said, 'no need my son all is understood,
    Go right in cos you've already served your time in Hell'

i would never opt to drink bore water without boiling first. you dont know whats down there - dead possums, wallabies, cow pats.. who knows? lived on a farm once. had a well and tank water. how glad were we that we were on tank water when we found the literal "pussy in the well". safer just to stick to vb.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

and dont drink water in the shower rob
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Yer right George.
    AS IF HE COULD AFFORD TO USE TEE TREE OIL tHERE is a huge difference between tea tree oil and chlorine ,and the smell totally different .I don't stay at parks for 5 star service ,i aint no yuppy.just think that when your payng $132
    for 3 nights unpowered,that you would get decent water to shower with.And for your information a guy i spoke to that use to be a permanent there said that when this new guy took over he did change the water set up so he left the park .
    I don't come on here to ruin anyone's reputation,I'm just warning people .They can please them selves if they stay there or not.
    Cheers
    Shut up and fish

A lot of bore-water is salty, even the inland stuff can have a salt content, sometimes even higher than sea water, mostly because it is underground and a lot of minerals and salts dissolve into it as it passes through soil and rock.

This is why some bore water is not suitable for irrigation and most of it tastes pretty ordinary, can give stomach aches if you drink it.

Not sure about the park, you probably should have went down in a few weeks time then you could try your luck at crackin a Jewie off the wall..

Dan

Hi Dan yer i know what you mean . I know how bore water works but this park is right across the road from the Richmond river .So maybe his bore is full of Sea water .Thats no probs its the other disgusting stuff that has been added to the water that I'm not happy about.
    Really at that big Stone wall do they get Jewys of there . i saw some blokes fishing for black fish and some overseas visitors with buckets of undersize fish .But no one there with big rods .
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Quote Originally Posted by blackjew View Post
    Really at that big Stone wall do they get Jewys of there . i saw some blokes fishing for black fish and some overseas visitors with buckets of undersize fish .But no one there with big rods .
    Cheers Rob
    Yeah they get big jewies there on that big stone wall. Probably not the right time if you didnt see anyone fishing for them.
    As for "overseas visitors", yes they're around too.
    I watched a lady on the north wall a few days ago. As I walked up she was putting a fish in a bucket with a lid on it. It didnt look real big. I sat down on a rock where I could clearly see her and rolled a smoke as she rebaited her small hook and cast out again, as short time later she reeled in a small fish, looked up to see me watching her, unhooked it and threw it back. I yelled out, "better luck next time", she didnt acknowledge me. I sat and watched for 20 mins, 2 more times she reeled in little fish, looked around to see if I was still there and threw them back with a scowl on her face when she saw I was still there. I feel like calling the fisheries guys when I see this or any illegal fishing going on for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    We normally camp at sandalwood caravan park in Wardell, just south of ballina dogs are invited on leads open fire pit and if you go in the off season you normally are by yourself as its mainly caravans on the other side of the park, good clean ammenties.
    Ssssssh. Keep it quite.
    The park in Broadwater is nice too.
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

We stayed at the park in question over easter a few years ago, it poured rain the whole time and the ferals who were staying there did there best to trash the park racing through the bogs in 4x4s for fun and basically destroying all the roads through the place, they were also cutting down trees on the place for their bonfires, the guy who owned the place basically shrugged his shoulders admitted he was outnumbered by idiots and told me he would spend a week on the bobcat fixing the park after. Wasnt the best park but the guy at the time seemed nice enough and lack of rules would have been good if not abused by many, water was bore by memory. So not sure if same people in charge but think it was cheaper than alternatives then and attracted a different holiday crowd. Id stay there again but avoid public holidays definately.

wow how bout we do some proper camping guys