Thread: Were are the Cheapest tackle shops.

Were are the Cheapest tackle shops.

Does any one no were the cheapest tackle shops in australia or over seas are.
    Last edited by skinss; 12-04-2012 at 09:39 PM. Reason: missing words

Re: Were are the Cheapest tackle shops.

mo tackle on line is cheap but why do you want the cheapest.
    I prefer the best service and they must have what i want.
    If it is a couple of bucks dearer well so be it, that is better than more bucks in fuel trying to find it and then being disappointed.
    Buying on line means you have to wait and can only go off a picture.
    Tackle warehouse at coorparoo has most stuff and you can handle it, view it and buy it there and then.
    Also jones tackle at chermside and the tackle shop at castledine can supply some great gear if you need it in a hurry.

Depending on where you live makes a huge difference on where you shop. I live local to Tackleworld Sandgate so that's where I shop. They've got a great range of tackle from the stupidly expensive to the average joe and down to K-Mart specials for those "holiday" fisho's...(throw away after fishing is done)

They are a wealth of knowledge down there who know all the local spots to smash for a good feed, whether you're shore based or in a boat.. I gotta say though, Ian (Chinese guy) knows a shitload of stuff.. Never short of having something to say on any topic... I don't know about Mark, maybe he's one of those quite types..(gotta watch those quite types!!) (joking) Mark knows his stuff as well. But they'll take the time to help you out as much as you need it. (falling just short of holding the rod for you while you fish)

I haven't been to Chermside yet, and only been to TSC once for a browse... Didn't feel comfortable walking around just looking.. Got the feeling it was a "get your shit and get out" type shop... Though this is only my opinion.

ps: No I'm not paid commission for the kind words. Customer Service is more important than cheap gear to me... Someone who follows up/through and maintains a customer relation throughout their shopping life..

Quote Originally Posted by Drifty75 View Post
    I haven't been to Chermside yet, and only been to TSC once for a browse... Didn't feel comfortable walking around just looking.. Got the feeling it was a "get your shit and get out" type shop... Though this is only my opinion.

ps: No I'm not paid commission for the kind words. Customer Service is more important than cheap gear to me... Someone who follows up/through and maintains a customer relation throughout their shopping life..
    I think you have worded that very fairly Drifty in shaing your experience , so I'll add my experience to balance yours...I am a frequent "browser" in tackle shops, and have been made to feel very welcome even when openly NOT buying in both of the above (ie Jones Chermside and Tackle Shop Carseldine)...still got a lot of attention but didn't interpret that as them pressuring me, they seemed honestly interested in informing me about their products and advising about fishing

If you want cheap tackle then look OS. If you want service and advice to go with it then all of the above and throw in Fish Head at Victoria Point. A lot of their stuff is top end so some prices are a bit frightening but their basics are all in line with the other stores and even cheaper than many. If you are prepared to pay for the right advice then steer clear of BCF. They do have some gun fishos working there but the majority are drongos
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Quote Originally Posted by Chas & Clarry View Post
    I think you have worded that very fairly Drifty in shaing your experience , so I'll add my experience to balance yours...I am a frequent "browser" in tackle shops, and have been made to feel very welcome even when openly NOT buying in both of the above (ie Jones Chermside and Tackle Shop Carseldine)...still got a lot of attention but didn't interpret that as them pressuring me, they seemed honestly interested in informing me about their products and advising about fishing
    Oh for sure I had to word it correctly.. As I stated, it was only "my" experience. A mate (Greg, aka Seahorse on here) has had great service from Tackle Shop... I can only share what I've experienced personally.

I think you also get a hit and miss depending on the day the shop guys are having as well... Average one day, excellent the next etc etc..

If you are looking to buy in Australia, there are 2 shops that get most of my business as the cheapest tackle shop:
    mo tackle in Coffs Harbour
    Rayannes in Adelaide

Both have served me excellently, though I have never been to either shop. Rayannes will give better deals, but smart researching will see a better price at mo tackle due to their price beating policy.

Tackle Warehouse, Jones Tackle, Bluewater Tackle in Perth, Campbells Tackle in Perth (part of BCF), Anglers Warehouse on the Gold Coast are other places that can be cheap, if there are sales or promotions happening.

I have been to most of these stores, but as a walk in with no specials happening, none of them have been competitive with Rayannes or mo tackle.

Cheers,
    Ben

I get my plastics online various stores and my terminal tackle local supplier all hand crafted quality jigs with much better quality hooks than those that are even remotely close to the major suplpiers. I get custom colours, made to order and the guy is a champion also. I love my "Dayoo" Big Eye Jigs. As for anything else I like the carseldine guys are close but if that fails then the local BCF for leader. I do try to avoid it like a plague, BCF that is.

Quote Originally Posted by killitfillit View Post
    mo tackle on line is cheap but why do you want the cheapest.
    I prefer the best service and they must have what i want.
    If it is a couple of bucks dearer well so be it, that is better than more bucks in fuel trying to find it and then being disappointed.
    Buying on line means you have to wait and can only go off a picture.
    Tackle warehouse at coorparoo has most stuff and you can handle it, view it and buy it there and then.
    Also jones tackle at chermside and the tackle shop at castledine can supply some great gear if you need it in a hurry.
    Need to buy on line because i live in the country.Im 4hrs to the closes tackle shops.

Thanks guys
    I do order of mo tackle but hird other shops r cheaper as for BCF there a rip off and they sell shit and every time i go in there they know nothing about fishing or say there's a better shop up the road..
    Anyway i will keep hunting...

I can see a new rod and reel coming up a very cheap price. Suck suck. Ha ha.

I Will see how good tackle shop is tomorrow. My new Abu rod broke in half on Monday. Taking it back in morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    I can see a new rod and reel coming up a very cheap price. Suck suck. Ha ha.

I Will see how good tackle shop is tomorrow. My new Abu rod broke in half on Monday. Taking it back in morning.
    WTF.. Let us know how the service is for that return!!