Thread: Samaki Vamp vs Lox Yoshi you choose

Samaki Vamp vs Lox Yoshi you choose

Can anyone tell me Samaki Vamp phase II vs Lox Yoshi 1-3kg 7"6 which rod is better, and is Daiwa Luvias 2000 a good match for them.
    If there is a better rod for the price what would it be..

Re: Samaki Vamp vs Lox Yoshi you choose

samaki would be my choice out of the two. nothing wrong with a luvias. very nice reels.

Is the 2000 to small.

Quote Originally Posted by skinss View Post
    Is the 2000 to small.
    imo not on a 1-3kg rod i dont think, especially a daiwa. i have the exact same lox with a 1000 fuego on it. go to a good tackle store and put the different sizes of reel on the rod and see how it feels and also get their opinion and see what they say.

SI...We dont have good tackle store, so buying blind.What would be a better match for the rod then..If i did go luvais

Quote Originally Posted by skinss View Post
    SI...We dont have good tackle store, so buying blind.What would be a better match for the rod then..If i did go luvais
    A luvias 2000 da custom would be my choice with my budget or if you shop around a certate 2000 could be an option too. Luvias is lighter, both have 4kgs of drag. what do you plan to catch with it mostly?

Bream and perch.

G'day, I've had the Lox for about eight months. Matched to a Diawa 1503 Certate Vintagecustom. Three pound crystal Fireline.
    The reel's a good weight match. Wouldn't go bigger/heavier. Really like the butt length of the 7'6"- perfect handle and a half and can comfortably cast one handed or two.
    Criticisms I've heard are a very thin tip which can break. I've bashed mine through heavy stream-side bush for rainbows to 46cms in tight water. Might of been lucky, we'll see. But thin profiles become important as rods get longer.Casts 1/32nd hair jigs well, and 1/16th better.1/8ths go miles.
    It's also been fun for flatties in the harbour, and frigates, salmon and little kings.
    Also read some guys don't like the very small guides near the top which can catch heavier leader. Again that's a part of some longer casting rods' design. They are a very light rod and if you do need a heavier leader for flatties etc you can always just tie on 10-15cm bite-tippet.
    Also like the semi parabolic fighting curve and how the length casts further and allows great lure manipulation. They look pretty cool too.