Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The rice video

The rice video

I thought some of you may be interested in this

Re: The rice video

Where can I buy that guys hair....

Oh yeah for those that have not got the gist of the carbon tax... well it is the same old story that has been going down for years = Pay to pollute.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by MudRiverDan View Post
    Where can I buy that guys hair....

Oh yeah for those that have not got the gist of the carbon tax... well it is the same old story that has been going down for years = Pay to pollute.

cheers
    and therein lies the unanswered question..does it pollute???

I am against the carbon tax because I think it's bad economics. Also I don't think Australia trying to be a light on the hill to the world is anything but delusional.

I reckon we should be massively subsidising research into green power technologies because that's the new goldrush. We can make a lot of money if our technology is applied.

Having said that, I am sure that man made greenhouse emissions are and will affect our climate. The science is clear and the effects are already apparent...

Guys, shipping companies are starting to consider using the northwest passage in the arctic. That's never been possible in a commercial sense before.

This guy showing you rice grains is carnival trickery... How many atoms of arsenic in terms of a percentage of the human body before you are dead? What percentage change in your trim tabs in terms of boat surface area before you see a real world effect?

Both the above are probably poor examples but you get the idea... In finely balanced systems tiny changes can have big effects.

We trust the scientists to work out the fluid dynamics that govern our fuel mixtures... We ought to listen when they are nearly all saying the same thing.

'nearly all'? Yes in science there are always some doubters and crazy idea folk... And sometimes they are the correct ones. Einstein said time is not the same everywhere... Crazy but true.

However if you are a betting man then bet on the widely accepted facts because almost always they are correct. There are still folk who believe the earth is flat... But I'd rather the pilots navigate on a great circle system if the jet is calculating fuel consumption to the UK.

I probably won't change anyone's mind but I enjoyed composing this. At least we all share a love of the water. 😄

what effects are apparent ?????

Fantastic video.

Thanks for that Stue2

Louis

Carbon dioxide is not a pollutant.

Louis

Most scientists don't believe in man made Global warming.

Only a small percentage do.

People who believe this have been misled.

Sadly it is a common misconception.

Louis

I am a believer that we can clean up our ways but Im led to believe that carbon is a constant. It does not increase mearly moves from one location to another. Much like water. Dry as a chip in England and wet in queensland. A Geologist friend once said that in a core sample taken from a sinkhole showed carbon at a tracable rate much higher than anything science can predict we will have in our future.
    I dont believe a tax will fix a thing apart from an uncontrolable dept.

Cheers, Stu

There is a finite amount of carbon Stu that is correct however it is the form of that Carbon that has some people worried. When it is burnt and turned into CO2 or CO and is released into the atmosphere it can have effects- the carbon on earth may be constant but atmospheric carbon levels are forever changing. Some may say CO2 is not a polutant and in some ways that is right however if the composition of the atmosphere changes (whether increases in any of the gases- N, O etc.) it has the potential to create problems which means that any of these gases in the wrong proportion could be regarded as a pollutant.

why have i got a urge to beat up red headed ladies with a stick all of a sudden. lol....
    take a feed & leave the rest to breed

Quote Originally Posted by bobbyb View Post
    why have i got a urge to beat up red headed ladies with a stick all of a sudden. lol....

i know one you can start with ....

Dammmn...

I thought it was gunna be a 'Stephanie Rice' sex video or something!!!!

Cheers Steve
    I dont have ADHD......ohh look a squirrell !!!

I wonder how much co2 has been captured by all the flourishing growth out west over the last 3 seasons ,,, a couple of hundred million acres all covered in grass that wasnt there two years ago has to do something have to the atmosphere.

People,

Seriously, think about this for a second.

Carbon dioxide makes up about 385 parts per million of the atmosphere and is far less of a green house gas than water vapour.

What's next. No more boiling the kettle for a cup of tea.

Even if man could create another 50 to 100 parts per million of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere in the next 50 years or so it will have no bearing on the climate.

Well if we want to get into semantics, as some do, then let’s say it will have next to no bearing on the climate. It will have such a small bearing that it will not be able to be measured by today’s scientific measures.

Should we stop drinking Coca Cola and other carbonated beverages, after all what do you think those bubbles are. They are carbon dioxide. Should all supplies of carbonated beverages be locked away lest someone opens a cap.

Personally I am going to continue drinking the occasional Coca Cola.

For those, ‘True Believers’, out there, I don’t ask anybody to believe my opinions. But please do some in-depth research and you will realize that you’re being had.

But first make sure you approach the situation with an open mind and let the science direct you and be aware of any cognitive dissonance issues you may have lest your opinion be sullied by prejudice rather than science.

Louis

PS: On another note

This is something for the Greens to think about.

Latest opinion in many parts of the, ‘Global Warming True Believer’, set is that readily biodegradable matter may be harmful to climate change because these substances break down to their original molecular level much faster than so called non-biodegradable material and in the process let off methane and other green house gases more quickly an often due to the substances from which they are made in higher quantities.

Oh what are we to do?

Personally I’m still a fan, as a general rule, for biodegradable products and will use them where I can.

I’m curious to know how the Greens will approach this issue once it comes to their attention?

Maybe they will decide that methane isn’t a green house gas after-all etc.

PPS: Should we be trying to stop toxins and genuine pollutants from entering our environment and indeed ourselves. Yes!

Should we be worried about Global warming as a result of carbon dioxide. No!