Thread: Minnie Water fishing report

Minnie Water fishing report

Heading up to Minnie Water for the first time on Sunday-Monday 15th & 16th April. Has anyone got some good news for me re. conditions and the rampantly, salavating hordes of palagics on the chew up there???
    Or even better, can some of you guys PM some starting points on where to try, Please...(my wife is a Viking so I'll make a sacrifice to the Olde Norse gods for you if need be.)

Re: Minnie Water fishing report

Last time I tried to get dowm there all the roads flooded so we called the trip off. PM Murf he lives down that way and should be able to help you out.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

spotty macks have been pretty slim on the ground the odd one about but they definitely haven't been thick few spanish about. there has been plenty of pearlies trag and the odd snapper about too. have a sound around just outside the closure line won't take you long to find some reef plenty there. If your set on macks then the close reef off minnie produce if they are around, and if they are there will be plenty of boats to show you where it is.
    Avoid the ramp at the top of the tide esspesially if there is much swell for retreieving it can be a real sh*t 1.1m of tide and under its a piece of cake just avoid retrieving where the water runs down the beach.Track out can be a bit shallow but you can pick a path out even on the lowest tide just don't do it in the dark.
    weather is looking awesome just hope the fish play.
    I am heading out on sunday and maybe monday too depending whats about. torn weather to head to minnie wooli or iluka though. good luck

Thanks mate Murf just got back to me. Fishing good up there ?

Thanks Coucho. Maybe see you there. I got a 5.3m Savage Lancer with bare hull and green bimini. Always a pleasure to meet fisho's, as I got so much to learn.

hey didn't see you about there today how did you go we got three spotties a yellow fin tuna and a couple of trag, got to work tomorrow so not gunna get there.

Hey Coucho,
    Ended up taking my mates boat as he has better clears etc, incase of the predicted rain.
    First day we didn't do so good as it was an arvo launch, bumbled around to find some nice ground, then back in before dark. Fising south east of Minnie I got absolutly reamed by some big beast and busted off twice. But it's always good to hear the reel scream.

Second day got a mixed bag of livies in close. Then fossicked around Sandon Shoal etc. some great ground up there. Got some snapper, trag and a couple of other reef fish. Lost another battle with something big and heavy that wanted to stay down deep. Got two more runs on bigger baits, one busted off, the other spat out the bait but left two crush marks on my hook, dentures on one side and slatted the other.

Had good time, but obviously have to earn "more credit" with fishing gods !!!

Quote Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
    Hey Coucho,
    Ended up taking my mates boat as he has better clears etc, incase of the predicted rain.
    First day we didn't do so good as it was an arvo launch, bumbled around to find some nice ground, then back in before dark. Fising south east of Minnie I got absolutly reamed by some big beast and busted off twice. But it's always good to hear the reel scream.

Second day got a mixed bag of livies in close. Then fossicked around Sandon Shoal etc. some great ground up there. Got some snapper, trag and a couple of other reef fish. Lost another battle with something big and heavy that wanted to stay down deep. Got two more runs on bigger baits, one busted off, the other spat out the bait but left two crush marks on my hook, dentures on one side and slatted the other.

Had good time, but obviously have to earn "more credit" with fishing gods !!!
    just be careful of the no fish zones of m/park between sandon and wooli inside 5 mile .
    i know a mate who got done recently for being in it fishing by 200 metres/500 bucks thank you