Thread: Tackle and tips for bass fishing hinze dam

Tackle and tips for bass fishing hinze dam

Looking to hit up some fresh water fishing for bass this weekend if everything goes to plan. Ive never fished for bass or any other kind of freshwater species.

Whats a good lure type? or soft plastic? I have an sx40F for bream fishing which also says for bass as well but not sure if it will dive deep enough. 10lb leader seems sufficient for these guys but thats just a guess.

Has hinze been getting any luck lately?

Re: Tackle and tips for bass fishing hinze dam

Hinze dam is for good bassing dam & you can catch fish on all techinques but you do need to 'crack the pattern' on what they want to eat for the day.

I always rig 1/4oz-1/2oz spinnerbait up in purple or green, evergreen little max blade 3/8oz in ayu & have tn60 in chrome ayu & cast to the banks & work the points & keep working thru the lures until i find how they are biting.

I fish 12lb leader just because it helps if you get snagged but 10lb would be fine..

Use surface lures like jitterbugs poppers and any walk the dog surface lures late afternoon when the sun drops cast at the newly submerged trees. although the fish are starting to moving out off the bank and into open water because the trees in the water are starting to die. find a nice looking bay and fish from one end of it to the other then fish the middle of it if no success. i Also use 12lb leader cos i fish the bank thou.

bron

i use jackalls tn60's mostly to the edges near deep water if that makes sense. usually 5 or 6 a session (2 of us) though last week only got one.

boat or land based?? remember electric only and get a permit from go fishing.

cheers ken

Spoon,

Go and have a look at the reports on www.akff.net and on www.kfdu.com.au . There's a few Gold Coast guys that regularly hit Hinze and put up their reports on what worked for them. Wazza and Richo are always out there. So look for their reports.

Cheers, Pete
    ====================
    Hobie Outback 2012 &
    Hobie Oasis 2012
    ====================

Thanks, I will be land based. I have a canoe but its not here atm.

Take a pink n black 1/8 spinner bait, I caught a few little ones up there on that.

Plenty of hits.