Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zman plastics too soft?

Zman plastics too soft?

Was flicking some zman 3" minnows the other day and had trouble with the plastic sliding down the shank of the jighead. Anyone else have this problem? Decided to switch to gulp and problem resolved. Thanks

Re: Zman plastics too soft?

Your new problem is 20 packets of gulps a session

One drop of superglue right on the back of the jighead and push the Zman up......will not slide down again, problem solvered.
    Jack.

Thanks mate. Will try it out next time

There are also some jigheads with an extra barb to hold the plastic in place. I try to keep a couple of those little superglue tubes in my kit but not always that fortunate to remember

I got that tip from tunaticer a while ago too!
    What I now do is buy a few packets of jigheads and preglue them all up.

Cheers fellows. Great tip

Josh, mate super glue works great but you put on to much and it will eat into the plastic so only use a dab/tiny drop. I was always using superglue til a mate put me on to loctite 406 not the easiest product to track down but it bonds like super glue without the plastic being melted/disfigured from the too much superglue. It is good stuff and a container will last for ages just keep it in the fridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Josh, mate super glue works great but you put on to much and it will eat into the plastic so only use a dab/tiny drop. I was always using superglue til a mate put me on to loctite 406 not the easiest product to track down but it bonds like super glue without the plastic being melted/disfigured from the too much superglue. It is good stuff and a container will last for ages just keep it in the fridge.
    i use the same loctite 406 for everything now. Its great and doesnt dry out or a one use wonder.

Another vote for loctite 406, I use for all sorts of applications in fishing. It's good stuff.

Cheers,
    Myles
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

Cheers fellows. Might have to suss out this loctite 406

Quote Originally Posted by Jigsrule View Post
    Cheers fellows. Might have to suss out this loctite 406
    I got mine froma bearings place over on South Pine Road Brendale, though my mates old man say you can also find it at some of the truck places like "Truckline" and places like that that do those kind of supplies. I tried many places to track it down. Hardwares, Bunno's & a few places like Clark Rubber etc. I am sure a few guys might know where to find it closer to you.
    p.s it should be stored in a fridge.

I got mine froma bearings place over on South Pine Road Brendale, though my mates old man say you can also find it at some of the truck places like "Truckline" and places like that that do those kind of supplies. I tried many places to track it down. Hardwares, Bunno's & a few places like Clark Rubber etc. I am sure a few guys might know where to find it closer to you.
    Repco used to have it, unless it is a different type.

Dan

p.s it should be stored in a fridge.
    Pine Rivers Bearings Mossy was the place Southpine rd Brendale !
    If you other guys are on the sth side any CBC or Bearing services will stock it as well,it is designed to be used in our O ring splicing kits

I used to buy it at Pine Rivers Bearings. Most bearing shops etc will have a good range of Loctite stuff.

Wellsy's sell 401. It has a slightly longer bonding time, which I actually prefer for doing lure skirts. The 406 is damn near instant on some things.

Cheers

Edit: yeah what Dick said! I didn't see his post before mine
    Last edited by Midnight; 12-04-2012 at 06:57 PM. Reason: Didn't see the post above
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power