Thread: BOB CARR is gunna save the worlds oceans.

BOB CARR is gunna save the worlds oceans.

It seems Bobby Brown and his bunch of merry soviets have shown Bob Carr who wears the pants in the relationship.

Bob Carr says the plight of the world's oceans is a nagging worry that he wants to highlight as foreign minister.

Less than a week after the former NSW premier was sworn in as both a senator and foreign minister, Senator Carr said he has two "pet enthusiasms" which he wants to "weave into" Australia's foreign policy.

"I'm just nagged by the worry that we might be, with the oceans, where we were in 1975 or 1980, with awareness of what we were doing to the Earth's atmosphere," the minister told The Sydney Morning Herald in an article published on Saturday.

"We don't know how quickly a tipping point might be reached.

"You can't imagine a healthy planet without being sustained by healthy oceans."

He pointed to acidification, overfishing and the dumping of fertilisers and chemicals into the earth's oceans as creating "huge dead areas".

Senator Carr said he was also focused on helping put an end to "the clash of civilisations" between a secular West and rising Islam.

He described Indonesia's emergence from a dictatorship into a secular democracy as evidence that the world could be "colourful and reconciled".

"(It could be a) happily untidy picture, instead of the monochrome and totalitarian hostility that would emerge if we don't get this right," he said.

Re: BOB CARR is gunna save the worlds oceans.

Watching him on TV politically and in manners/thought lately, i get the distinct and i suspect totally correct feeling that he is clinically and deeply insane.

This new info above fits hand in glove in belief,how come the massive majority of earths saviours at the political level are as mad as a hatter. Oh well good choice for foreign minister given we are already a laughing stock in everything but how well we shovel earth.

Quote Originally Posted by snapperdan View Post
    He pointed to acidification, overfishing and the dumping of fertilisers and chemicals into the earth's oceans as creating "huge dead areas".
    The "earth's oceans"!
    I know he's supposed to be the Foreign Minister but how about starting with Australia's oceans first.

How about stopping the dumping of dredge material (certain to be containing fertiliser and chemical sediments) in a World Heritage Listed Marine Park!

Get your (our) own shit sorted out Mr Carr before you traipse off overseas and start pointing the finger.
    Jim

Bob Carr is an old fool. I had to check my watch when they announced him as foreign minister, thought it was April 01...
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Great to see Bob back on deck ........ you'll be surprised with what a good foreign minister he will make . A savvy and strong political performer ...... he smashed the Libs when he was Premier of NSW & did a good job of running the state . All those that followed him ....... stuffed the place .
    He is certainly a conservationalist though .

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Oh no, not another Green-happy Labor figurehead. Will they ever learn? "Greens Overboard' is the headline they'd need to ever get my vote again, Fed or State.
    Saw BC being touted as the next Fed Lab leader after Gillard loses the next Fed election. Hehe, maybe Bob Katter will be encouraged to go Federal.

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Great to see Bob back on deck ........ you'll be surprised with what a good foreign minister he will make . A savvy and strong political performer ...... he smashed the Libs when he was Premier of NSW & did a good job of running the state . All those that followed him ....... stuffed the place .
    He is certainly a conservationalist though .

Chris
    The only thing that Bob Carr did right was step aside from politics at the right time and leave NSW in the shit. Pour Morris Iemma , Nathan Rees and Kristina Kenally just inherited the big pile that he presided over for 10 or so years. He knew what was instore for them and left to keep his tail clean.

Yes. I thought that Bob Carr screwed up his economy when he was Premier as well.

But then I can't think of one Labor government that hasn't ruined their respective economy in the last 40 years.

So, what did people really expect when they voted him in.

Louis