Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sebille lure disappointment

Sebille lure disappointment

I bought 4 of the Sebille 150mm high speed trolling jerk shads for about $70 each. Because I do a few runs out to the Barwon Banks & The Hards, I wanted something to troll back at a reasonable speed. Was recommended these as you can drag them at 18-20 knots. The orange one accounted for a 17.5 kg wahoo a few weeks ago, the only fish it has ever caught, & the front treble broke off, the ring breaking away from the fibreglass, but at least I got the fish. Yesterday, coming back from the Hards, the mahi coloured one got hit by something which ripped the rear trebles out. The teeth marks are quite visible where it got hit. I am very disappointed that something so expensive are so poorly made. They looked great, had very heavy trebles fitted, but can't handle much punishment. I would have though the rear treble would be wired through the body. Anyone else had any issues with these?
    Tony
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Sebille lure disappointment

I have considered these lures also, but I am yet to buy any. How fast we're you trolling them and how much drag did you have set?

The Mahi colored one sure is a nice looking lure.

Cheers,
    Myles
    "Elempi" American Bertram 33, 3208T Caterpillar power

Myles,
    We run them anywhere up to 18 knots, which seems awfully fast, but they were designed for, & at that speed have a beautiful action. As you can imagine, there is a bit of drag set to stop line peeling of at that speed. I run them on 100lb mono, as I was told if a fish hit them going one way at 20 knots, & I'm going the opposite direction doing 20, I better have something solid with lots of give. They are beautiful looking lures no doubt, but a bit dear to have problem with every time something touches them.
    Tony

I would be disappointed in any lure i purchased regardless of brand or reputation for $70 that did not have heavy duty wire connections built in. The lures you have purchased had a designed application of high speed blue water trolling where fish have teeth and power, no wonder you are a little disappointed. In my opinion you should contact either the point of sale or Sebile themselves perhaps both, and make your disappointment known.
    Regards to all Dick

I saw the designer on TV last year, he was out here promoting the new lures. I think he was french.
    http://www.sebile.com.au/
    Leave your story at their website......
    randell

Thanks Tony,
    Yeah mate, I would be into Sebille about it. Not good enough, especially given how expensive they are.
    I can't see myself buying any after seeing this. It will be interesting to see what they say about the failures.

Cheers,
    Myles

Wow! I have bought a few of these and haven't struck this problem. Mine has caught quite few already so maybe you just got a bad batch. Not that that could be much of a possibility. Let them know, they should replace them.

yeah i wouldn't bag them out too much till you contacted them too..... $70!!!!! theyll give you something for the info, but not if you bag them out on thier website!

Hi Tony, i was actually given one of these but forgot to even give it a try trolling on Monday, reasonable approach should see them come to the party i imagine as they should want good feedback, in reality if they are a decent company they would be asking for yours back to inspect.
    I have used one of the smaller Sebile vibes in white with the red blood like fluid running in it to nice effect on the lizards, of course no real strain to show up any weaknesses. Keep us posted as like the others said if they dont stand by their product we wont buy them.

I once had an issue with a Halco Laserpro 190, I just couldn't get it to run right. I rang Halco about it, and had a great chat regarding all facets of running their lures. Tim, I'm pretty sure it was, said send it back, reply paid, so they could have a look at it, and they sent me a new one. I was very surprised at such great service.
    I had always been a fan of Halco lures as they had caught me a lot of fish, but after the great follow up when I had an issue with one lure, they will certainly have my continued support.

Hopefully Sebile will respond in the same way.

Cheers,
    Myles

Hey Tony i think hooknpull could be onto something. He says his have caught quite a few already, maybe you just aren't catching enough fish
    Cheers Gaven

Mate, you have to go the SALT & SUN series in the SEBILE BONGA JERK SERIES , they have the full wire assembly inside linking the attachment points & are filled with foam with heavy duty hooks to handle brutal attacks.The colour shown of your lure isn`t in the salt & sun series, I`ts in the standard bonga jerk series which is`nt designed for the blue water series. Have a look on there web site for the salt & sun series you will see the difference.

Gaven,
    Thats a given, as I know I am not catching enough fish! I'll definitely forward the images & if required the lures to Sebille to see what they think.
    Macspotty-I'll look at the Salt & Sun series, as I do like their gear. These seem to be so strongly built, I thought they would handle anything.
    Sevric- I would have assumed they be hard wired right through for that price.
    Randell-Thanks for the address. Hows Bundy treating you?
    Clevelandv8- haven't bagged them yet, but will scream from the hilltops if they ignore me!
    Midnight- Good service from Halco, so hopefully I'll get a similar response.
    Thanks for the feed back guys,
    Tony

Back in Black,
    Leave tomorrow for Bundy, just changed my addresses early.
    Can't wait, so much fishing gear............... to try out on the estuaries..
    Good luck with Sebile
    randell

Guys,
    I just left a detailed email on the Sebille website. The distribution centre is only in Banyo, so I offered to drop them in to inspect. Whilst on the webpage, I checked out the detail on the Bonga Jerk Shad, & they claim to be wired right through?? Don't see how that is possible if trebles keep breaking off?? If I don't get a response by end of day trading, I won't be a happy man!
    I will keep you posted as to the response.
    Tony