Thread: estuary HB for Deep Water

estuary HB for Deep Water

Hi all,

Looking to target jewies and flathead on HB's instead off plastics. Where to start. A lure range from 4m to 8m. Vibes? Blades? Mostly will be targeting jewies in holes and deep channels. Also will be doing a little bit of trolling. Maybe 1 lure per depth from 4-8m. Cheers Any (any) advice would be greatly appreciated. With the sounder the jew seem to be quiet deep. Im fishing the Maroochydore river. Ive always got plastics to catch a couple of fish so i don't care if i don't catch anything on HB's. Just something new. (mixing it up). My mate was trolling one day (really experienced Angler) and he hooked onto 2 jew on a Jackall. What jackall i dont know. it was in 5m and it was on the bottom with a lot of line out. Any opinions on which lure this could have been.

Thanks FW

Re: estuary HB for Deep Water

Jackall Transams

http://www.jackallaustralia.com/TRANSAM.html

or Threadybusters

http://saikotackle.blogspot.com.au/2...e-arrived.html

These are vibes that people catch Jewies on (would work on big flathead too).
    Both are pretty expensive....

You can also use large 4, 5, 6 or 7 inch plastics, minnow/grub style.

Haven't heard of trolling for Jew?

(Hope those links are ''forum legal'', I don't use those shops just Google them for an example)

Dan

FW .
    Halco RMG 150 MM BIG W specials THEY DIVE TO 8 M AND come in a Red head and white body and a big rattle ,not sure about trolling for jew though. those ones above from Dan look like the go to. The men you need to speak to on this challenging topic may drop you some info if your lucky .
    All the best Rob
    Shut up and fish

Sebile Koolie minnow with the big bib. Tilsen barra deep diver, rapala. There is a multitude of lures that run deep.

Jackall squirrell maybe.

i have been using the 80mm storm thundercranks that swim to 5 meters - great little lure if you want to try a new tpe of hb. you will find them on ebay.