Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 28ft Savage Gulfstar flybridge - Kamaloo

Re: 28ft Savage Gulfstar flybridge - Kamaloo

Andre is a nice guy and very helpful and if it were me i would be doing the trip in the water. Someone around that area will have a trailer that you can pull the boat up and drop the gearbox oil and inspect it for metal particles.....hell Andre might let you do it for free....he's got a slip there. It's not hard to do an oil inspection... all you need is an electric crepe plate and sit it at 45 degrees and pour the beginning of the oil drop onto the plate to see if there is any metal on the plate. Don't be afraid to use a magnifying glass for the inspection.
    Take it for a run prior to making the trip and give it a good run to Terrigal and back...you will know by then if there is any problems i think.
    Good luck with it and if you have trouble slipping it get a trailer to drop the gearbox oil, go and see Ferg the oyster farmer up on Empire Bay Drive near the primary school and ask him where you can borrow a trailer for an hour to drop the oils.
    Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Robalo View Post
    Andre is a nice guy and very helpful and if it were me i would be doing the trip in the water. Someone around that area will have a trailer that you can pull the boat up and drop the gearbox oil and inspect it for metal particles.....hell Andre might let you do it for free....he's got a slip there. It's not hard to do an oil inspection... all you need is an electric crepe plate and sit it at 45 degrees and pour the beginning of the oil drop onto the plate to see if there is any metal on the plate. Don't be afraid to use a magnifying glass for the inspection.
    Take it for a run prior to making the trip and give it a good run to Terrigal and back...you will know by then if there is any problems i think.
    Good luck with it and if you have trouble slipping it get a trailer to drop the gearbox oil, go and see Ferg the oyster farmer up on Empire Bay Drive near the primary school and ask him where you can borrow a trailer for an hour to drop the oils.
    Good luck
    Mate, you replied to a thread from April 2012. I reckon the new owner might have moved her by now...

LoL.... Thanks ... Appologies for that..... Just a newby and should have known better.