Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where has navionics app gone?

Re: Where has navionics app gone?

I feel your pain Drifty I also have been screwed over,I brought a Subaru Forestor and have just got a new Dmax, Subaru the arseholes wont swap the floor mats i brought as they dont fit the Dmax We should start a class action ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drifty75 View Post
    Here is my experience with Navionics.. Updated version, no longer support for old version. Must buy new one.. SCREW THAT!! I wanted what I paid for...

---------------
    Hi,

I bought Navionics through the android market a little while back, and I've had to restore my phone and now it can't download it because it is no longer available.

How am I able to get a product that I've paid for.

I have since moved to an iphone and while Navionics is available on there, I do not wish to re-purchase it to get something that I've already paid for.. Is there any way that I can transfer my purchase from the "android" shop to the Apple store ?

I still have my android device, so if a transfer can't be made, can you somehow supply the installation files for it.

My account for my Android market, and the Apple Store are both the same email. (The one I'm sending this from), if it's possible, I would like to have Navionics on my iphone instead of my android phone.

Thanks
    -----------------------

Dear customer,

Thank you for your mail.

Android and Apple Store are two different markets that sell different products, so you can’tn move/transfer your purchase from one to another. You need to buy their products separately and these transactions are all beyond Navionics control.

Sorry for not being of further help.

We remain at your disposal for further assistance.

Best Regards

---------------------------
    Hi,

I can understand that it's not swappable between the android market and app store.....

Now, onto more technical stuff... I can run a virtual Android environment on my iphone and load android apps that way. However, I am still stuck because when I go to download the navionics that I purchased, I can't. There isn't anyway that I can backup the actual application files to install onto another device so I have to re-download it through the android market. However, it appears that my version is not available anymore...

How can I get the android version of the application ? Or must I re-purchase the same application again to get a later version. If this is the case, I'm not impressed.

Thanks
    ---------------------
    Dear Mr ******,

Thank you for your interest in our products.

In order to reply properly, we would need some further information.

1. Model of the device that you are using.
    2. OS version of the device
    3. App title and version ( go to Settings >>>About)
    4. Date of purchase?

Thank you for your reply.
    Best regards,
    ----------------------------
    Hi,

I was using a Samsung Galaxy Tab. It was running Honeycombe. (unsure of exact version)
    I no longer have the device, so I can't get the app title or version.

The only piece of information I can provide is my proof of purchase.

18/05/2011 GOOGLE *Navionics GOOGLE.COM/CH GB GBR
    Card xx5413 AUD 13.78
    Value Date: 14/05/2011 $13.78

When I log into the Android Market on a PC, I can view all the previous applications that I've purchased, but Navionics is NOT in the list anywhere.

While I don't have an Android device at the moment, I might get one again soon and I would like to have access to the programs that I have paid for.

How can we solve this problem ?

One solution I'm suggesting is you offer me the application on my Apple product as a repalcement for the one that is no longer available on the Android Market. Or, if it has to be this way, I'll take a replacement application on the Android Market instead. Even though I won't be able to use it until I get another Android device and log into it with my account. At least I'll be able to use software I have paid for at a later date.
    ------------------------
    Dear customer,

Thank you for your e-mail.  

New Navionics apps are now available in the Android Market and the one you bought on May 2011 was removed some time ago, for this reason, you can’t find it anymore.

Which is the title App? Could you kindly give us the name of your old App?

In order to continue improving the Mobile apps, Navionics had to make some structural changes that made it impossible to provide the new app as an update.

If you wish to have the new App, you have to purchase it separately.
    The application has been totally revamped and now includes new regions and features such as:
    ¨ª Pinch to zoom!

¨ª Landscape mode!

¨ª 8 NEW HUGE regions!

¨ª The latest chart information with access to Freshest Data updates!

¨ª Navionics NewsStand! 

¨ª Open street map overlay!

¨ª Panoramic pictures!

Moreover, Navionics does not offer special prices/offers to existing customers who want to change from Itunes/AppleStore to Android Market.

In case you need any further clarifications don't hesitate to ask.

Kind regards
    ---------------------------
    Hi again,

I'm not sure if different people are getting my emails, but I'll try and make it crystal clear so there's no confusion.

"QUOTE" Which is the title App? Could you kindly give us the name of your old App? "END QUOTE"

I don't know the title or name of the application. I purchased Navionics for Australia but I think it went up into PNG slightly and might have included NZ as well. I'm only interested in the Australia part of the map however.

I don't have an android device anymore, so I can't give you any information other than my proof of purchase.

I don't care about new features of pinch zoom etc.. I have already purchased the program again on the iphone only 2 days ago but I want to be able to run it on an android device as well. (If I buy another android device in the future) Since I OWN both versions, I want the option of using both versions.

"QUOTE" If you wish to have the new App, you have to purchase it separately. "END QUOTE"
    I don't want the new app. I want the OLD app.. The one I paid for. There was nothing wrong with it.

Now I purchased Navionics on May 14th and you say that it was discontinued some time ago, indicating that it's been a long time. No it has not been a long time. At most, I got maybe 5 to 6 months use out of it before it was discontinued. While I could still use the program (Which I was happy with) once I reset my phone, I cannot get the program again, but am forced to re-purchase a newer version. I don't need the new version, I just want the one I paid for.

Is this going to happen every 6 months ? Do I need to keep re-purchasing this software to be able to use it ? If this is the case, it's absolute rubbish.

So, again, I ask how are we going to fix this ??

I want what I paid for, which was taken off the market only 6 months after I purchased it. Nowhere on the product page did it say anything about an expiry date on the version. Nowhere did it say that I couldn't re-download it at a later date if I was to reset my device.

So, since you seem to be unable to provide me with the item I have paid for, I will accept a full refund.

Two things can solve this.

Supply the program I paid for.
    Refund.
    -----------------------------------
    Dear customer,

Thank you for your explanation.

In order to assist you, we were asking you for the App title you bought.

We assume that you wish to have back the old app and you are asking for the Australian one.

Please, try to use this link, keeping in mind that this App was removed from the Market some time ago.

http://www.navionics.com/AndroidAPK/....australia.apk

Best Regards
    -----------------------------

While no other app does what navionics does, we really have limited choices. The service I received from them was less than satisfactory.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRealAndy View Post
    So you purchased some software. Did you ever use it? Was it installed on your piece of hardware?

Lets go back to the TV example, you bought an "ORIGINAL" TV. Manufacturer discontinued the model of tv. Yup, you did own the TV. Manufacturer of TV did not say they would a replacement if they made a new model and you lost the old one.

Oops, you lost the old TV, or it was stolen, or you bought a new model. Manufacturer of TV should supply you a new "ORIGINAL" TV for that reason.
    If you're going to use examples, try using another piece of software instead. How about we use Windows XP as the example. Microsoft said they were no longer going to support XP and stop making updates for it. Fair enough, they gave us a warning 6 months in advance. It gave the users the chance to download the service packs and save them for future use. For those who were happy with XP could simply stay with it, use the updates they have downloaded and saved before they were taken offline and continue using what they had originally paid for. Fair enough the users would say knowing that software must be updated, and that it's not always available in an "update" but instead a whole new application must be made.

Now, here is the important part for you to read Andy..

If you were happy on Windows XP and don't need Vista, you are free to keep using Windows XP and reinstalling whenever you needed to. However, no future updates will be made.
    If you want to use Windows Vista, you need to purchase the new version of Windows.

The difference here is Windows XP/Vista etc come on a CD that I can install anytime.. And the MOST important part is that I can do it OFFLINE.

Navioinics is distributed through an online delivery service. Suddenly you are forced to buy the new app version because they have made some changes to make the app better. What if you were happy with the old app ? (Which is what I was)

Now Andy, put yourself in these shoes and see how you would feel..

Imagine you purchased Navionics on the 25th of June... You used it a few times and then on the 1st July they released the new version, took the old one off of the Android Market... Fair enough though, you've still got it in your phone and can still use it... Now you lost your phone on the 2nd June.. You go and buy a replacement and enter in all your details and try and download all your apps that you purchased on your Google account only to find an app you bought 2 weeks ago is now not available and you must re-purchase it again.

I highlighted a few points for you to make it easier to see my point.. Hopefully you get it this time.

I wanted what I had paid for only a short period before the software was taken offline.
    They wanted information that I could not supply as the app had gone offline.
    I showed proof of purchase and asked that if they coulndn't supply what I paid for on the Android market, to supply it on the App Store instead.
    They said they couldn't, so that was OK... I persisted in wanting what I had originally paid for. (From the Android Market)
    After alot of emails, I finally got what I wanted. The installation files for future installing onto my android device.

Actually, Navionics on their own website state that you don't have to upgrade at all. Once you purchase it, you own that particular version and are encouraged to back it up (they even give you the name of another app that does this for free).
    If however you don't back it up.... As long as you log into your android account with the same details that you made your original purchase in, you can continue to download the version you originally bought.
    I would imagine you have encountered some bug when your device force-upgraded you from android market to google play? (or the fact you purchased through market and now it's play)
    Navionics will also state your licence is invalid or some other message, fret not, if at first it doesn't work, try the licence check a few more times....it will check out eventually and you can still use your old version without re-installing.
    Not doing this to one up you or anything, I hope it helps anyone else in the same situation. Anyway, it's all there in the android FAQ on navionics.com, I went through all of this just to check what was up, got the errors, un-installed, re-installed (same old version), licence checked a half dozen times...it all checked out in the end.
    Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot that can't hunt, fish or ride.

Some good info there Goatboy, however it wouldn't have solved my problem. The problem was not with my device. I even logged into my Google account on a PC and checked my purchased apps there and it was gone. This was before google play was introduced.

Backing up the application.... I found this...

Q. I have downloaded Navionics on my Android phone. Is there any way I can upload it to my computer?
    A. No, apps cannot be uploaded from the phone to a PC, but you can re-download the app from the Google play Store an unlimited amount of times. Please be aware that you will only be able to download your previously purchased apps if you are still using the same Google account that you initially purchased the app with.

But then they say this...

Q. Can I do a back up of Navionics mobile App on my device?
    A. Yes, you can. Enter the Google play Store directly from your smartphone and search Astro File Manager. This is a free app that will enable you to do a back up of any of your Apps. Please note that this will not perform any backup of your application data (tracks, routes, markers, photos); you can do a back up only of the apk file. However, using the "Sync my data feature" you have the possibility to back up your Routes and Markers on the Navionics server and on any device compatible with this feature.

Here is what related more directly to me.

Q. I downloaded Navionics mobile app on my smartphone. After resetting it, I can't find it any longer. How do I get it back?
    A. Please contact directly our Customer Service at mobile@navionics.com.

If you do a full reset on your device, it will clear your SD card as well so there goes the astro backup.

Either way, back when I had trouble with them, there was more information that hindered the solution for me. Namely they wanted the name of the app I purchased, but at the beginning I had reset my device so I didn't have the app installed anymore. And I couldn't redownload it as it wasn't in the market place or under my purchased apps.. Then I bought an iphone and sold the android...

Still couldn't see the app in my google account anyway. My google account is my primary email, android account, apple store account etc etc.. So I know I didn't get the accoung wrong etc.

And yeah, I too hope this helps someone who may have trouble with them in the future.