Thread: Family trip in bay sat. glassed out nearly

Family trip in bay sat. glassed out nearly

Parents and brothers family went to straddie for the weekend and asked if i could take them out for a trip as i live so close to water. I said yes knowing it would be baiting and rebaiting and netting and retying leaders, hooks and sinkers as bait fishing middle of day is not my fave. After sitting north of peel the tide changed and then a small bite period came over just enough for all to hook up and have fun and some grinners came up to help with the bait as only 1 bag of pilly,s for 5 people was not enough and i wasnt plastic drifting with 5 and 3 no good flickers as brother knows his plastics now i converted him years ago. Weather was much warmer and calmer than friday as it was windy and cold so they all had fun. I had bait on floor and all over my filleting board but at least they had fun. Took me ages to wash down with bait trip lol. The high light was me flicking a plastic out when they all kept getting bitten off as i was to busy baiting and i hooked the macheral with a 5 inch berkley pink shine (the latest fave) we hit harries and kids loved dolphins (until they stole the squire throw backs) then whiting grounds and grinners everywere at every spot. All in all they were happy and i got my brother out for another trip as he works on mines now. Wife is a bit frustrated as i spent more time fishing then with her but 0ver 20 years together its not like we ever see each other right lol. A few photos of day. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0454.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	64.1 KB 
ID:	78705Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0458.jpg 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	78706Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0461.jpg 
Size:	49.9 KB 
ID:	78707Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0460.jpg 
Size:	36.2 KB 
ID:	78708Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0457.jpg 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	78709Cheers DD.....PS look at that pink shine down that big eyed whatever fish. If plastics are not better than bait well we lost a lot of bait and hooks until this came out.

Re: Family trip in bay sat. glassed out nearly

come on dave i am sure u just put that plastic down is gob after u unhooked it from bait....good day out with the family, well done.

Ha ha ha Rosco your just worried the plastics will blast the bait boys but until you try it you will be like everyone who hasnt tried it. Bait and plastics are good in different times and tides but i am sick of getting bait stripped off my hook before the bigguns pass when i can set the size i want to catch with my plastic size. Its all good fun Cheers DD.....

Blog Entries

Sounds like fun day was had by all mate. Well done