Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Funny Fishing trips. Have you had em??

Re: Funny Fishing trips. Have you had em??

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Ehsman View Post
    Was one of the bloke's name that was fishing in the paddock Ces....And talking about the Panther we heard it one night & saw it's footprint's in the sand behind the camp down at Bedwell Down's

Baz
    Hi Bazz,
    It was Alan & Big John but I may recall something about a Ces during some of the conversation.

That was Probably Doyley after he knocked back some of his garden shed full of beer down at Bedwell downs m8.

We have seen some strange things at Middle fishing on the Gwydir and The Dungeons down the Severn that We still havnt worked out and I have spent a lot of time (night n day n sober) in these areas fishing.

A few of us took our motorbikes into the Gwydir Troutfishing early one morning in winter and we got there just after sunrise and the frost was thick on the ground and we were rugged up fairly well after riding the bikes.
    Unpacked my rod & reel and put a lure on and walked 20m to the first big long sloping granite rock that went into a deep hole.
    Had running shoes on and as soon as I stepped on the rock I felt myself start sliding on the ice. Held my balance all the way but the other guys were rolling around laughing and reckoned it was much like launching a ship as I didnt stop til the water was up to my neck. it may explain one of those funny noises you hear while in the bush but with a gurgling noise at the end. S*** it was cold

Was sleeping under the front of the ute in the swag another night at Woodstock when there was this blood curdling scream from just down the river....Smashed my bloody head on the bullbar & backed further down under the ute with my son not far behind me..

Baz

Yep, thats the sort of thing I have heard a lot when i have been out fishing.

I was out at Copeton one night with my Big german shepherd fishing off the bank on the Auburn vale side with a nice bonfire going when this thing let out a sorta loud growling noise across towards northern side and my dog started hiding behind my legs n whining. Time to go home!!

Yowies do like a change of scenery and diet now and again.