Thread: Beach Fishing, Teewah Beach - Tips and Advice

Beach Fishing, Teewah Beach - Tips and Advice

Hey everyone, im heading up to Teewah beach on the 7th of April for 4 days with the missus. I'd love to do a bit of beach fishing but have never fished this area before, let alone done much beach fishing in general.

If anyone would be kind enough to share some general advice and maybe some spots to have a crack at it would be greatly appreciated! Couldnt think of anything better than topping off a camping trip with some good fish to throw on the bbq!

Thankyou, much appreciated!

Crazy

Re: Beach Fishing, Teewah Beach - Tips and Advice

This is probably not a bad time to fish the area before the pro's come through. Find a good gutter and the usual species should be around.

I've been heading up there (beyond up to DI point area) running camps for 'at risk' boys and fishing for 2 days each time. So far have tried beach worms, yabbies, live poddy mullet and have only caught small dart. I have seen serious fishermen heading up the beach but could not say how they are doing. Maybe they do better at night? Not sure as I can't really go then. Please let me know if you discover anything as I'm trying to crack the code myself?? ps. I have heard the mouth of Noosa River on the Nthside has been producing a few fish. Can't confirm but have heard such.

I am the same, caught dart up there but nothing better. I have seen guys catch big jew off the beach at night and i was busted off in a bug way chucking metal slugs for tailor.