Thread: Hot water Systems

Hot water Systems

Hi all

After sum debate I finally bought one of those Coleman Hot water systems.

IMO it is the best thing I have bought in ages. Hubby and I recently spent a week away and it was just brilliant having a nice hot shower.
    We invested in a double shower tent as well and had it set up with rubber mats in the bottom. We hung the shower head in the tent instead of holding it and where it was positioned was just right. ( The shower tent has a pole and clips for a towel rail but we put the shower head between it and the wall). We filled 2 large plastic tubs with water (about 60 Litres) as we weren't sure how much water we would both use. The system worked fine and used about 20 ltrs each.

I am really happy with it and glad i decided to purchase one.

Ronnie

Re: Hot water Systems

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post
    Hi all

After sum debate I finally bought one of those Coleman Hot water systems.

We invested in a double shower tent as well and had it set up with rubber mats in the bottom.

Ronnie
    Glad your enjoying yourselfs lol. Just don't camp to close to anybody else.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I have one and use it on the boat and out camping.
    Top system and now the better half enjoys camping a lot more so we can do it more often. win win for me....

Its instant hot water and gets hot enough to make a coffee or cook up some noodles for a quick feed in winter !!

Cheers and enjoy

Hi It was my other half that doesn't like to go without a shower, so that was the reason for it. Maybe I can get him camping more now.

Ps : we only go away when it is not school holidays etc so we never have the problem of camping close to anyone. Not my cuppa tea to be near others. Like the peace and quiet.

Ronnie

I love mine. Great gear
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Can you put Salt water through them or does is have to be fresh? I'm heading to NW Island later this year and had looked at these... but I'm not sure i'll be taking so much water that I'll be having 20L showers
    Captain of "Pukka"
    469 Stacer Seahorse
    50hp Tohatsu Tiller

Fisherman, PADI Diver, Spearfisherman.

Wynnum North, Queensland.

Hi
    Don't think Salt water would be recommended. Alot of people recycle the water so the burner doesn't burn continuously. ??? Not sure how this is done but you could do it or even run water from one tub to the next to heat it first.
    I am sure brackish or river water would be ok and then give it a clean through with some CLR which is recommended to remove any build up.

We camped where water was available so didn't have to carry extra.

Ronnie