Thread: Camping & Fishing

Camping & Fishing

Hi Guys,

Been looking for a decent campsite for a while now. Somewhere we can make a fire is important. After not much luck I thought it'd be best to ask the wise ..So here goes

We're looking at doing a camping trip for a long weekend in May. Somewhere accessible from Brisbane where we can make a fire in the evenings while having a few cold ones, but also do a bit of fishing, and get the kids into some fish. Whether it's from the beach or the boat doesn't matter. Just hoping to get them a fish or two.

Any advice appreciated

Re: Camping & Fishing

Hi
    Mission point at Bribie Island is only accessable by boat but a good spot for the kids and you can have a fire. The caravan at Donnybrook is where you can leave your car if you like and then its only a short run over to mission.

Its hard to find somewhere to have a fire these days--Rainbow beach at inskip point is another place that would be worth a look.

Just thought Bribie is not that far and well suited to kids.

Ronnie

Take a look at Mission point on bribe. It's only accessible by boat, you can have a fire, it has a toilet block, good swimming at high tide and fish from the beach right in front of your camp. I take my family there all the time and we love it. The better of the sites are numbers 1-3.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mission Point is the goer. But a few mates and i checked it out a week or so ago for this long wkend. They said it was all booked out.
    Bugger

Blog Entries

Tipplers or NORTH & SOUTH CURRAGEE ON SOUTH STRADDY , BOAT ONLY ACCESS , FIRE PITS , & GOOD ACCESS TO FISHING .Heaps of shaded areas generally a good place to kick back & relaxxxxxxxxxxxxx.
    Regards
    Paul
    Run bythe Gold Coast Council

Moreton island, get the barge over take the fourby and boat and camp over there plenty of places to camp and have a fire. Cooloola beach.. not so good for the boat but the fishing is sorta ok and ya can have fires and camp in a beautiful spot.. about 20klms of beach to choose from.. Inskip is really nice but would be choccas this weekend for sure..
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Hi
    If you go online - national parks and put in Bribie island -Book a campsite there isan availability calendar which will show you what is available. We always book a few weeks in advance. As Tailortaker said it is great for the kids at mission so that would be my pick.

Ronnie

Perfect thanks very much everyone - much appreciated!

Will have to give them all a go! Spoilt for choice

Have great Easter

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

North Straddy main beach ticks all your boxes too.

I'm heading up to Mission Pt on the 27th for the weekend. It's a great place for the kids & grown ups. You do need to take everything with you (wood, water etc) and you also MUST bring all of your rubbish back from there!
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

I sort of remember seeing that Poverty Creek on Bribie is now a designated camping area.....I also think you can drive there and tow your tinny if need be. I am not sure about a camp fire but being 2km south of Mission Point I would imagine the same rules would apply. Surely someone here would know from a first hand visit???
    Jack.

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    I sort of remember seeing that Poverty Creek on Bribie is now a designated camping area.....I also think you can drive there and tow your tinny if need be. I am not sure about a camp fire but being 2km south of Mission Point I would imagine the same rules would apply. Surely someone here would know from a first hand visit???
    The only problem is there is nowhere to launch a boat other than a car topper or anything small enough that you can carry down to the water. Other than that it's a really nice spot and yes you can have fires there too.

It amazes me how there are still some private lands of reasonably large size that do not encourage a pay to use camping area along some of our rivers. Caboolture river is an obvious example where there is accessible land and a few reasonable sites that could be set aside on a pay to use basis after signing a waiver of liability. I know if I had a hundred acres or similar I would make areas available to families that wanted that weekend or week away to enjoy a camping lifestyle. I think a token fee will keep the ratbags out and cover the mowing of the sites every fortnight or so.
    Jack.

Gidday Remora!

Your not just restricted to our saltwater areas for camping & fishing.

Somerset Dam is a very popular place. The only drawback is you do have to supply your own brazier & firewood.
    LITTLE SKIPPER!

You could try the Captain Logan camp ground out at Wivenhoe dam.

Louis