Thread: So excited - New rod

So excited - New rod

Just picked up my 30th birthday present

Shimano Rack Raider II MF paired with the Sedona 2500FD

What a lovely combo, so light and has 8lb braid spooled on.

Heading up to Bundaberg to visit the inlaws on Easter, taking the kayak out with the Father in law and will try my first foray into lure fishing for bream, flathead and whiting.

Been practising my techniques in the pool (the most use it's had all year).

I have soft plastics with 1/4oz jig heads for flatties, some poppers for whiting and bream, and some metal spinners, minnow semi-hards.

Will be great to see what works.

Any pointers or updates for the fishing up there at the moment?

Re: So excited - New rod

Classic!!! I thought I was a fishing tragic. Casting into the pool takes it though. Make sure you put up any catches in the report section. Summer whiting will start to fall away a little, bream should still be a good option. Enjoy the new piece of kit mate.

Regards Adam

Cheers,

Caught the dog a couple times, silly bastard just wouldnt leave it alone. Lucky it got stuck on his fur.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk

Re: So excited - New rod

Lol yoot that's a pisser i gave up flicking plastics round the yard,i kept catching seagulls.All the best up north mate sounds like a nice outfit.
    Cheers Rob
    Shut up and fish

Christened the rod. Caught a 1kg mackeral on first cast at Bumdaberg today. Then followed through with a dozen cod/snapper/grimners which where all through backs. The the father in law decided to out do me with a 15kg cod on the hand line.

Eight feeds of fish for 5 people!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD A9191 using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images