Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monster Jew in bay by lucky

Monster Jew in bay by lucky

Shot out to some new ground with my mate who has pulled good fish every trip and i have only just got him on plastics but he,s taken to it like snapper to plastics. On first light at 4 30am high he gets a touch then a run then another long run then he,s hooked and the 3000 on a rack radder is off for a long doggid fight on a 7 inch pink shine berkley. He hooked him in top of lip so it wasnt getting off but pulling it to surface was a battle. After 3 attemps on the gaff i finally got him on board my boat. Another good fish from lucky. I am getting better at netting at least. I get him on the spots with tide, moon and spot and he catches them. Looks like i better bring him on the next fishing comp if i wanna score a plClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0419.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	56.8 KB 
ID:	78522ace hah. We thought a good snapper uyntil it didnt stop after giving him some hurt for a while. It went about 1350mm long and weight was 17.2 kilos.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0416.jpg 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	78520Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0421.jpg 
Size:	45.2 KB 
ID:	78521Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0422.jpg 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	78523Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0432.jpg 
Size:	97.7 KB 
ID:	78524

Re: Monster Jew in bay by lucky

Wow gr8 jew on sp gear. lucky!

Nice fish. Great report. Many thanks.

Nice catch, seen a few nice ones snagged of placcys lately on here.
    I caught my best Mulloway on a Berkly worm and 1/20 jig, lip hooked just like that one ,so was not getting away on 10lb leader (90cm).

Though 1.3 m is quite a hefty fish, good effort.

Cheers

Dan

Blog Entries

Top fish and good report mate. 3 hits a gaffing!!!! Least you had a gaff mate haaahahhahaaa

Well done mate but i think you might need a bigger esky!

Beautiful fish! Well done!

way to go dave. thats an absolute cracker. might have to do that trip you offered me soon. no, hang on , make that later - after you've had some more practice gaffing lol.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Wow!! Davo nice fish mate..Gee that looked like a great fighting fish...nice work mate.

Cheers
    Billy

Good Jewie, time to bin that crap esky and get yourself a decent size one

cheers tim

Huuuge mate! Well done!

Mick

cracker fish dave well done

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    cracker fish dave well done

GO THE PLASTICS hey rosco

cheers tim

will send a pic to ya soon tim just organising the bait for the meet and greets..there will be no pics of plastics thats for sure...
    least some 1 on here knows how to use plastics as you and brian don't....the team name for brians boat for meet and greet should be donut kings.lol..maybe dave will come over and show you blokes how to fish with plastic

Netmaker - i will need to remember how to hook with plastics again after - Lucky - keeps hooking them before me so all i do is chase them, net em and take photos of em. I will remember how to do it once i fish solo a few times to give myself a chance. I need some comps so i can bring my new weapon (Lucky) but i never find out about them.

Rosco - Once you have a go on plastics you probably wont go back to smelly bait but what ever works and well done on finding the pelagics and hooking them.

TimD - Its good to use plastics and hook up amongst anchored bait boys so they send down good burley but each to there own eh.