Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have joined the Meter plus Barra club

I have joined the Meter plus Barra club

Hi all

I took my young fella out last sunday morning fishing, we hooked this monster on the second trolled run for the morning, we had only been on the water for 10 mins.
    It took 35mins to boat it, with it being a team effort as i had the rod and my young fella drove the boat chasing it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Measured 1100mm long and weighed in at 29.5kg

Re: I have joined the Meter plus Barra club

Well done,you have to be happy with that.Looks like a big girl from Awoonga that came over the wall.Good to see there are still plenty around.

Wow awesome fish and good on your young fella for driving the boat, maybe ask him to mow the lawn as well

Quote Originally Posted by Bouttime View Post
    Well done,you have to be happy with that.Looks like a big girl from Awoonga that came over the wall.Good to see there are still plenty around.
    How do you come to that conclusion from the initial post? Another bl**dy assumption. Assumptions cause F ups.

Nice barra and congrats to you and your son for the team effort SD.

Cheers.

You gotta be happy with that salt specimen. Very well done by the both of you.
    Jack.

Nice fish,did you try and swim it to let her breed,or did it die of natural cause?

Quote Originally Posted by Squidlet View Post
    Nice fish,did you try and swim it to let her breed,or did it die of natural cause?
    I figured they ate it?

Quote Originally Posted by squidlet View Post
    nice fish,did you try and swim it to let her breed,or did it die of natural cause?
    +1

Ss
    My goal for 2015 is to accomplish the goals of 2014 which I should have done in 2013 because I made a promise in 2012 which I planned on keeping back in 2011.

Nice fish,it's a shame it didn't survive the capture.
    Your scales may be in pounds mate as it's not a 64.9lb fish.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Nice capture mate. If people are upset about one person keeping one fish to eat then what do they say about the hundreds of barra netted commercially every day or a big barra held up by the gills then released to probably die anyway. Plenty of barra also get caught every and eaten day by amateurs who do not post. Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to an opinion and it is def gr8 to release a fish to breed for the future. Maybe we need a catch and release section and a catch and keep section so people are not offended imho.

Quote Originally Posted by carnster View Post
    Nice capture mate. If people are upset about one person keeping one fish to eat then what do they say about the hundreds of barra netted commercially every day or a big barra held up by the gills then released to probably die anyway. Plenty of barra also get caught every and eaten day by amateurs who do not post. Don't get me wrong everyone is entitled to an opinion and it is def gr8 to release a fish to breed for the future. Maybe we need a catch and release section and a catch and keep section so people are not offended imho.
    Well said mate, I believe the netters take Barra in the tonnage.

Nice catch Solem

Cheers

Dan

Great catch sole, maybe it was his first barra and he wanted to eat it "

Do you blokes go over to the offshore section and tell all the boys over there to release there fish !

You have no right to dictate to this bloke what he should or should'nt do with his fish , its up to him

later

Great effort mate !!! cant wait until I catch my 1st 1m+ barra. Congrats to you both, it would of been even sweeter being able to call it a team effort with your son!
    Cheers TT

I fish to catch a feed for me and my family, that was the first fish of the day, so we went home after it was caught because we had our "feed".

For those who have wondered, it took 35mins to bring it along side the boat, it was f@#ked and no amount of swimming would have revived it, this i know because of experience working in fish hatchrerys with my father specifically hatching barra.

They could be seen on the sounder in a school approx 12 of them all together, so i could have gone back and just kept on catching them, like the guy i spoke to at the ramp who informed me of his 8 fish over a meter morning the day before him and his mate had.

This is the last time i post a picture or any details of my catch on here, from now on i'll keep all my info to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Solemndragon View Post
    I fish to catch a feed for me and my family, that was the first fish of the day, so we went home after it was caught because we had our "feed".

For those who have wondered, it took 35mins to bring it along side the boat, it was f@#ked and no amount of swimming would have revived it, this i know because of experience working in fish hatchrerys with my father specifically hatching barra.

They could be seen on the sounder in a school approx 12 of them all together, so i could have gone back and just kept on catching them, like the guy i spoke to at the ramp who informed me of his 8 fish over a meter morning the day before him and his mate had.

This is the last time i post a picture or any details of my catch on here, from now on i'll keep all my info to myself.
    Mate. Don't let a few stupid comments upset you. Nothing wrong with fishing for a feed and I find it really offensive when people make comment that there is something wrong with keeping a large fish. I just think that they must be jealous. I reckon the majority on here are happy for your catch and that you got a decent feed out of it.

Cheers for sharing the post. I wish I had fillets of that in my freezer to add to my brown rice salad. Unfortunately all I got is rice and salad.

Lucky I got some cheese and toast.