Thread: Livies at Hervey Bay

Livies at Hervey Bay

Heading to Hervey Bay for Easter. Does anybody know if any livies are to be had??

Re: Livies at Hervey Bay

Hi Mate,

the best way to get livies is around the Urangan jetty with bait jigs, there is always clouds of herring hanging around. every so often you will see tuna, trevally or other predators smashing into them. leave the cast net at home as you can't use one on the jetty.

good luck

PS go to the local bait shop as he has the best jigs for that area

Thanks will give it a try. What are they like for reefies?

The beacons hold yakkas

Hi

I will be in hervey bay at easter too, I have no clue how or where to fish, but i plan on catching a few for friday. we are staying at the torquay holiday park i think. looking forward to it, will be bringing my boat along so i plan on doing some early morning sessions, any info in the area would be great.

casey

Water is still very brown from the floods around the pier and shore, but the pier still holds heaps of bait. If you have a small tinnie, I would try Pt Vernon for trout. If you have a bigger boat, the bay has blue water for macs and tuna. Arti reef will be OK on the tide changes. Check fishermans corner.com.au for the best local reports.

Andrew
    Fishing- It's only an addiction if you're trying to quit.

yep pike and herring off the pier.

i get smashed regularly on the floating or unfloating herrings between 3rd and 4th light post on pier, it's pot luck as to what takes bait! i normally don't go down the end of the pier as it's always crowded and at Easter it will be manic!
    theres a good gully that flows between 3 and 4 light post, tide flies through there so i normally have best bit of luck from half an hour before the end of incoming tide when it slows down a bit.

macs, GT's, shark, even tuna fly through it. it's fun to watch aswell. take a chair, a paper and relax. the toilets are only 3 minutes walk and shops are just there aswell. very relaxing and fun when you hear the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......... had luck at night there aswell.

i troll youtube and use the filter function for "hervey bay fish" and it shows whats been caught more recently if people upload.
    http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...uploaded&uni=3

http://www.fishntales.com/forum/index.php
    this has reports and a good forum.
    also get some info from the guys at fishermans corner and shop there for your bits and pieces,
    http://www.fishermanscorner.com.au/
    theres a bcf in town but you get more local knowledge from the guys at fishermans corner and i find the much more helpful being local etc than the big shops.

all the best, i'm back there from 19 april to 18th may!!!! can't wait.

mick.

oh, i'm not a business owner in hervey bay, i work in Hong Kong... guess i just get all excited when it's close to holiday time and rant a bit!!!!

Having a week at thr Bay. Have a new Haines Signature. Hope to get the weather to overnight at Wathumba.

Sorry first time for me too.