Thread: Fishing Cairns

Question Fishing Cairns

Hi moving to Cairns at end of the year and thought I would start to inquire about the fishing, have 615 Odessa and used to fishing bays and offshore, any feed back would be welcome, have looked at charts and there seems to be a lot of marine parks?
    Any links to old threads welcome

Thanks

Paul

Re: Fishing Cairns

It sucks at the moment. I haven't been to the reef for weeks.

You get used to the green zones, plenty of zillions of acres of other good ground to fish.

Yep, what GOOGARRA said. If you need a lesson in where not to go just follow me !
    Seriously drop me a line when your here and we will organise a trip, I have'nt neen out for a couple of months.
    Frank

This will warm you up. Moffy and Ron can give you the hints. I'm too p*ssed off at my brother right now for smashing.... well everything...

Bring ya Odessa. Lovely boat for up here. Plenty of fish left to find. We all anchor on the edge of the green zones and wait for the fish to swim out!!!

Thanks for the feed back, you can bet I will be looking for other ausfishers when I get there, the fishing is half the reason for the move.

Paul

Yeah ideal boat for the waters up here. As Goochi said plenty of fish up here as he doesn't catch any! ha Ha
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Odes like you hard top, thinking of something similar, have got a photo?