Thread: Hi all, another CQ member. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi all, another CQ member. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

My name is Owen, and i have recently moved to Rockhampton from Gladstone.

I have a 4.5M tinny, and have just started using soft plastics with fairly good results.
    My son is now 10 and we have been fishing together for a while now, and trying to get him into soft plastics too.

Thus far i have fished Coorooman Creek a few times, but have never fished the Fitzroy.
    I'd like to do a couple a trips up the Fitzroy with someone who knows the river fairly well.

I'm always keen for a fishing trip and not scared of going out the front if the weather permits.

I dont know the local area very well and would appreciate any tips, spots to fish etc and i will in return happily return the favour when i find a good spot too.

Cheers
    Owen

Re: Hi all, another CQ member. !!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome mate,

I just bought a 3.75m tinny and I am moving to Rockhampton in about 2-3 weeks. Hopefully I can start to find some good spots.

Welcome on board guys. Hope you find this forum as helpful and entertaining as i do

Welcome aboard mate any help ya need give us a yell from Keppel Sands on and out wards People like Scotty lynch live for the Fitsroy
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Welcome mate, I reside in emu park and will help ya out if I can. U won't be disappointed with all the fishing options around here. I have fished a bit of the fitzroy but Scotty (ifishcq) is the guru to speak too. When the river gets back to normal and clears up in town then between the bridges is always a safe bet. I just received conformation for a spot in the rocky Barra bounty held in September which I'm cheering about. Always a great time at the bounty. Anyway give us a yell if u need some help.

Cheers from boony

P.s don't listen to Jt as he got no idea
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

Tell ya missus i get 30% of ur life insurance if u dpn t come back tomorrow
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

Jt, is that because I'm catching all the reds tomorrow and your the lonely net man

Cheers from boony
    Fishing can be defined as "A jerk on one end of the rod, waiting for a jerk on the other".
    "Fishing was around along time before you darling"

No nets on my boat
    VHF CHANNEL 21