Thread: jet ski fishos

jet ski fishos

Hi there gang,
    i was woundering if any one can give me some info about jetski fishing as im thinking
    off getting into it,
    has anyone gone out wide though south passage and what they caught,
    also is there a club i can join , what areas do you fish and distance you get from your ski.
    Myself i was thinging wide marks if i did it.
    cheers Dean.
    SEALEGGS

Re: jet ski fishos

for the price of a jet ski and setting it up for fishing you could buy a nice boat

Done me home work on a tinnie as ive been lookn for about 14 months and i think with a ski i can store it easyer at home also get out in rought weather wife will like it more than a tinnie she can have a blast with the kids ,just dont know they both have pros and cons
    just throught that there mite be a few people out there catching some good stuff out wide on them.
    SEALEGGS

There is a jet ski section you can peruse.
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

Where abouts fishhunter
    SEALEGGS

found it guys thanks
    SEALEGGS

I fish on my ski, but only in the bay. Go into Facebook and look up Brisbane jet ski.
    We are in there. 3 of us went out on Saturday.

hey mate.. i have a tinny and a jetski.. i love my fishing and i love the jetski as well... the jetski fishing just in my humble opinion is a stress.. if ya tip over its no fun (well at least with the rods and reels i like to use) really hard choice though if ya have a family i guess because jetsking is heaps of fun..

Anyway i would say.. if you want a craft to just fish get a boat.
    For fun with the family get a ski.
    best idea yet... get both.
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

I never get close to tipping the ski. I also have a boat, but I use the ski more often for fishing.

It's also a great family machine, but if u deck the ski out properly for fishing you can enjoy it better than the boat.

Go jet ski fishing.

I agree with Seahorse......It's all about the setup of your jet ski.

If you have the right setup you will enjoy fishing just as much if not even more than being on a boat. I have both...

I have overcome any posabilty of tipping the jet ski over by having floatation devices firmly mounted to either side of the ski. They also have an added advantage of giving me heaps of storage space (spearfishing gear, including fins 900mm long, weight belt, mask, floats, rig line, etc.

The "stubbies" as I call them also have fishing 3 x rod holders mounted onto a stainless steel cage which also holds a safety bin. The safety bin can also be used as a live bait tank.

Attachment 78273Attachment 78274

I guess there are some really good options to make life just as easy as being on a boat...

Cheers.....Tony

Hey Tony, says invalid attachment.
    I'm pretty keen to see your "stubbies"
    not to keen to see you in "stubbies" though
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Same here tony, cant see attachment.

Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse View Post
    Same here tony, cant see attachment.
    Sorry fella's not sure why you cannot see photo's.

But when you do I'm sure you'll like them...don't get tooo excited!!!

Lets try again..round two....

PS....now that I have the "stubbies" on the jet ski I will remove the s/steel esky rack. The only time I will use the rack is to carry 3 x 20 litres fuel cans when I go over to Frazer and camp on the inside of the island and do day trips out wide.....

You will notice a pink sled in the background of the photo...this is towed behind the ski and can be used to either carry more gear, easier to get on board ski after shooting large large pelagic fish..etc..... or fun for the kids (which I don't have .....hence the reason for fishing or sprearfishing as much as I like....

Kawasaki Ultra LX.jpgUltra LX.jpg