Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What have you caught in your pots

Re: What have you caught in your pots

Bugger all!!!!!!!(Today anyway)
    Cheers Axl

Not me, but seen it and did have the photo but lost it.

About a 2 metre croc. He managed to just squeeze his head in and got a front foot caught in the mesh and drowned in it.

Mate pulled it up and said it felt like had a huge dead weight, he was right.

eels, cod, bream and various baitfish

Quote Originally Posted by Floating Rib View Post
    I know you said other than crabs but this one was unusual, pulled one of our pots on the adelaide river and in it were several crabs including one that was already tied, my brother said 'thats convenient', obviously escaped from someone and was still hungry.
    We had a similar experience in the Robinson River, NT a few years back where a pot had 4 crabs one of which was tied up but he was still full so only just recently escaped. One wonders how long they can live before they starve to death in this condition.

Quote Originally Posted by googarra View Post
    Not me, but seen it and did have the photo but lost it.

About a 2 metre croc. He managed to just squeeze his head in and got a front foot caught in the mesh and drowned in it.

Mate pulled it up and said it felt like had a huge dead weight, he was right.
    What colour was his pants after he realised what he had.

Pulled up crocs,bull sharks.Queensland groper,starfish,flathead,bream,sea snake,eel's,.........the most unfortunate thing i found in a pot was a Brahmany Kite......poor bugger go in at low tide and could'nt get back out.........a fella up here was crabbing at buff creek and caught a crab with "ERIC" engraved in the shell last year.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.