Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is it just me or does this w/e look smashing?

Is it just me or does this w/e look smashing?

Maybe I'm reading things wrong, but the wind is down and from the se, the swell is down and the weather looks fine......
    Offshore...... here we go here we go here we go.
    There are only two moments in time.... There's now, and there's too late.

Re: Is it just me or does this w/e look smashing?

Quote Originally Posted by pipifin View Post
    Maybe I'm reading things wrong, but the wind is down and from the se, the swell is down and the weather looks fine......
    Offshore...... here we go here we go here we go.
    Don't jinx it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by pipifin View Post
    Hahaha DOH!

Not looking as good as it did a couple of days ago

cheers tim

Fishing on Friday for me. Long weekend here we go

Have to work

so far still so good with the weather but you never know - heading out NE of SPB Sat

cheers Rob

Did anyone do any good?

Quote Originally Posted by milo__ View Post
    Did anyone do any good?
    no

HAHA
    My trip out to the Banks early Sunday morning aboard a mates CC became a night fish on Saturday that I couldn't make due to prior commitments. I received continuous updates throughout the evening as to their success. They mainly just hung around murphy's and as soon as darkness hit, the snapper started biting. They were out for only three hours due to the Scotsman's dodgy guts and they brought home 4 nice snapper, and released twice that amount. I ended up taking the tinny up the passage on sunday arvo and into the evening an caught and released about 8 bream (all legal) until I decided to take a few home to feed the kids..... only caught one more once that decision was made.
    Again as soon as it got dark, I had four BIIIIG bust offs, two on pretty heavy gear that was still rigged for the failed reef trip. I made the decision to toss it in before it was pitch black and I wuldn't be able to find my crab pots. Four pots down, first three empty, and I was thinking it was going to be one of those days until there was decent weight in the fourth.... low and behold 3 juicy crabs..... all bucks, all legal. One of them was a stonker.
    So some success all round......

I am new to this... So how do bag limits work? Say you kept the fish for the kids straight away then presumably when you hit your allowable limit you start releasing.

Now what happens if you find that the new fish are much bigger or better than the ones you have.., Can you dump an existing (now dead) fish and replace with the new improved model?

Mate only keep what you want and let the rest go...
    As for dumping dead legal fish, so you can keep larger is FUC$ED and give yourself a slap for thinking it would be ok...

How about you make yourself a different size limit of maybe 5cm over legal and then you will have good fish and not want to dump them.

Cheers
    Brett

Brett give yourself a slap for your assumption that I think that way.

The fish in the worlds oceans are safe from me.... I have only ever caught a couple in my whole life. (although I love to eat ones caught by others)

I was wondering what people do because it seems to me a murky area... Bag limits... Per boat? Per day? Per person? Per current session?

Do people 'upgrade'? What is the benefit of releasing fish whose swim bladder is ruptured by the pressure change?

So you see that I am just wondering what folk do.... Not planning my own fish slaughter session.

(In fact though.... reading these forums has made me start to get interested in trying fishing again... maybe)

A quick look at this link might clear a few things up mate

http://www.daff.qld.gov.au/28_2981.htm