Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

Re: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

Easter last year I seen a hilux have drama pulling a 11 foot tinnie up it I opted to go into rainbow beach ramp. When he got to the tip he lifted the boat to put it on the trailer properly. Also the righthand side of ramp was chewed out which means a lot on a single lane ramp. I know I can't lift my boat how about you guys. I will also take my chances with a beach launch.

I definitely need a ramp....I don't have a chance pulling mine out of the water on the beach.

You defiantly don't want to use the one at Inskip. Rainbow beach has a double ramp bit of a drive thought the channels then past south Fraser of to the big blue yonder.

If I have to go up that far I'm going backpacker stalking!!!!

shes right muddy we can hook up a heap of toyatas to get you in and out . the main reason i don't use inskip ramp is because i wouldnt trust the brakes on it . my old cat weighed near 2 ton on the trailer . i used to pull that out of the lagoon with a hilux .(just make sure theres a landcruiser handy )

so whos in on this one when are we going . who's organising .

Quote Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post
    shes right muddy we can hook up a heap of toyatas to get you in and out . the main reason i don't use inskip ramp is because i wouldnt trust the brakes on it . my old cat weighed near 2 ton on the trailer . i used to pull that out of the lagoon with a hilux .(just make sure theres a landcruiser handy )

I believe if history has anything to say you just put your hand up to organize it. .

I'll be using the ramp at the end of Carlo Rd. I found it in good condition when I spent a week fishing up there a while ago. There's a bit of a narrow passage to negotiate, but well marked, to get into the main channel and then a pleasant 12km or so run to the bar - no stress....apart from the bar.....sometimes

cheers Rob

also if this is going to happen we should start a new thread.....Fishfeeder

Yeah Fishfeeder start a new thread!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Humdinger View Post

O.K I'll bite Brett........I bought a Patrol because at the time it was the most powerful in it's class......remember the ads? Yep that's right, even more powerful than the 100 series.Sorry Rob.....but it just is.

OK ladies, you asked for it... so post up your ideas so we can get this happening !!

NEW THREAD STARTED !!