Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

Re: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

And Goanna oil.

East North east swell breaking dangerously close to shore, 3metres , not the ideal conditions to be crossing a bar gents. Hopefully the seas will settle by Saturday.
    CheersMM

sadly the prawns didn't play the game today and only ended up with 2 kg. i hope 7 kg will be enough to go round.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Just checked out the Webcam for Mooloolaba and watched a cat come in, Looked like a charter boat... did it fairly easy but a lot of white water east of the Bar..
    Fingers crossed also Madmackrel as the wind is looking good...

The tide heading out in the morning looks fine at 0.70m at 4.00am on a rising tide should having a bit of water over the bar helps, having some daylight for the crossing sounds like a smart idea, going by the size of the swell and the direction. So maybe leaving the crossing to you can see really well before committing to the crossing.

Dead low is .30m around 2.00pm, So heading back in to the bar in the afternoon will need to be around dark to have some water under the boat for the crossing.

I am no expert on that bar and more information from guys who use it would be a great and very helpful...

Cheers
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Do we have a list of starters.
    Willy Weather looks slightly better than Seabreeze, wind OK but the swell is still rising. Had a fancy chart to post but it didnt work so here the URL.

http://www.derm.qld.gov.au/environme...id=4&paramid=1
    yep i'm in and 20ran is going we'll be there fri morn

Mooloolaba tides for sat high tide is 1.52m @ 0752 and low 0.29m at 1357

last time i crossed the bar there was a deeper channel running out from the western wall, as you pass the wall you want to be heading towards mooloolaba, westish, THIS COULD HAVE CHANGED. they have a chart up at the coast gaurd showing where the bar and channel is, i would suggest having a bow peep.

see you on friday arvy

cheers

DOUBLE ISLAND POINT TO POINT DANGER

Thursday until midnight: Winds: S to SE 10 to 15 knots, tending E to NE in theevening. Seas: 1.2 metres. Swell: E to NE 2 to 3 metres. Isolated showers. Friday: Winds: SE to NE 10 to 15 knots, reaching 15 to 20 knots offshore. Seas:1.2 to 1.7 metres. Swell: E to NE 3 metres, possibly higher and breakingdangerously close inshore. Scattered showers and isolated thunderstorms. Saturday: Winds: SE to NE 10 to 15 knots. Sunday: Winds: SE to NE 10 to 15 knots.

A MOB OF SOFTESS COCKESS

Wardy say's all good, and thats enough for me.

Anyway

He said if it blows up we can always head to that place that begins with T, and chase the backpacking girls

See you there

Pick Deita up on way through

Red C

The swell might be an issue Saturday if it is predicted to increase tommorrow and be at the max Saturday. I am out tommorrow so will base my Saturday decision on that. Had a look at this arvo walking the dog. Plenty of tide as others have stated for the morning and late arvo. I'd avoid the low tide. Running west back into the bay and giving the red buoy a good 75m or so is the go. Hug the end of the west wall 15m or so off. I've caned my early start for Saturday. I want a bit of daylight to look at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Smithy View Post
    The swell might be an issue Saturday if it is predicted to increase tommorrow and be at the max Saturday. I am out tommorrow so will base my Saturday decision on that. Had a look at this arvo walking the dog. Plenty of tide as others have stated for the morning and late arvo. I'd avoid the low tide. Running west back into the bay and giving the red buoy a good 75m or so is the go. Hug the end of the west wall 15m or so off. I've caned my early start for Saturday. I want a bit of daylight to look at it.

I'd be lining up behind Smithy, wouldn't be too many that know that bar better..........Thats if I was going.

Anyways if you do head out stay safe and may your arms come back a bit longer.....

Back to the important questions, whats biting up that way at the moment smithy?

crabs cobiaman,just set ou pots at fisho's pub shore to get a good dose

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    crabs cobiaman,just set ou pots at fisho's pub shore to get a good dose
    Better than nothing i spose...

Hey fellas

I have a 25 ft sea crusader moored in the Gabor at mooloolaba that I rarely get time to use. I see you guys have a meet and great on at the banks. I never taken her to the banks but always have wanted to but have never had any one to tag along with before. Do you all mind if I head out there with you guys?