Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

Re: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

Looks good to me. SO we are screwed !!

10knots on a 2m sea at 10 sec, isn't rough its a gentle up and down all day....
    The rain just keeps you nice and refreshed...

See you all there Friday night, I will be the guy with the Yellow raincoat on sitting under the umbrella drinking cold beer !! (maybe)

"I take no responsibility for the above forecast and all issues should be taken up with Phill, user discretion should be taken as Phill is soft, according to Red C.. Netmaker's comments should be taken lightly as he spends to much time fishing 2-5knots mid week to understand weekend weather"

Willywaether has it nothing over 5 knots........you guys will be fine .

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    OH, you're on fire Damo...............

BTW. you are leaning the WRONG way in the pic ( Avatar ).

LP
    Some bloke got busted in a playground last week, maybee it was Damo 148944_429503397067084_171398626210897_1853836_16088820_n.jpg

Is this trip suitable for a newbie in a Tournament 1750? Things that concern me 1) the bar 2) the distance. I figure that going with a group would be a safe option. I am keen to go wide and do some bottom bashing and also meet some fellow ausfishers. What time are you expecting to head over the bar, given lucky phils advice. I have been out there once as a decky and a couple times on charters. Bagged out on pearlies when I was a deckie but caught nothing on charters. Do most people drift or throw out the pick? Any advice appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    "I take no responsibility for the above forecast and all issues should be taken up with Phill, user discretion should be taken as Phill is soft, according to Red C.. Netmaker's comments should be taken lightly as he spends to much time fishing 2-5knots mid week to understand weekend weather"
    thats gold brett. but i might add that whilst i may have wind problems i just love fishing a 3m swell with no wind and a lot of boats around. last time i fished similar conditions mossy brought all the fish around and provided hours of entertainment.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by netmaker View Post
    thats gold brett. but i might add that whilst i may have wind problems i just love fishing a 3m swell with no wind and a lot of boats around. last time i fished similar conditions mossy brought all the fish around and provided hours of entertainment.
    Gee-sus Davo give it a bone

You left out the fish coming to the boat were on the end of my line

Mate I'm addicted to going outside now, Davo this is the beast you and Dick have created now I can't wait to get around the cape again. I got more pills in my guts than a drug mule and ready to get offshore.... How far would I get in my tinny? LoL

I don't think drug mules put em in their guts mate but each to their own I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Willywaether has it nothing over 5 knots........you guys will be fine .
    well Anthony that's got it settled then.....we can trust Willyweather to be smack on.....they were last time as well just 18 hours out

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    I don't think drug mules put em in their guts mate but each to their own I guess.
    You need to get out more they stick them in any hole they can, thats what the charcoal tablets are for , you wouldn't be the best customs officer that's for sure.

SO.. Hands up who is thinking of heading up Friday still ??
    I am leaving it to Thursday afternoon to make the call.... but I am as keen as Mossy247 Drug mule to take a dump !!

Looking at Coastwatch webcam Mooloolaba and it looks good there at the moment !! lol

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Mossy247 View Post
    Gee-sus Davo give it a bone

You left out the fish coming to the boat were on the end of my line

Mate I'm addicted to going outside now, Davo this is the beast you and Dick have created now I can't wait to get around the cape again. I got more pills in my guts than a drug mule and ready to get offshore.... How far would I get in my tinny? LoL
    that is true although i did have some fish on the line - just couldn't get em to the boat lol. but next trip out when you didn't puke - all the fish were on my line remember - i just had to push you out the way to get at em. so maybe you should forget the pills and go the berley.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

The shy guys plus Bret just cause will be there Friday morning planing to go for a trol Friday then have a BBQ and a few drinks back at the ramp and wait to go out for Saturdays adventure

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    The shy guys plus Bret just cause will be there Friday morning planing to go for a trol Friday then have a BBQ and a few drinks back at the ramp and wait to go out for Saturdays adventure
    Go for it guys you can rub it in at the ramp showing off the wahoos to the Friday night
    Cheers

Trev

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Is this trip suitable for a newbie in a Tournament 1750? Things that concern me 1) the bar 2) the distance. I figure that going with a group would be a safe option. I am keen to go wide and do some bottom bashing and also meet some fellow ausfishers. What time are you expecting to head over the bar, given lucky phils advice. I have been out there once as a decky and a couple times on charters. Bagged out on pearlies when I was a deckie but caught nothing on charters. Do most people drift or throw out the pick? Any advice appreciated
    Just keep an eye on this thread.

Some will be going, but as I said, with swell up, a daylight bar crossing would be best.

The 1750 will be OK, you'll need to work out your fuel consumption and in that calculate on doing around 150 kilometers, if heading to nth Banks / Hards.

Brett will make a call on VHF channel. Also, as we have done at Agnes, maybe have a small Aussie flag tapped to your antenna.

Drifting does work out there, but fishing by day will see me anchor. If Snapper are required to top up the esky, a berley trail ( Cubed pillies ) can be established and floatline for them.

IF following another boat out over the bar, try to steer clear of their " aerated " water. Find the clean stuff.

Like most areas, you'll need to find the fish before launching a bait.

For a feed of " general " fish species..:-

S26 28.106 E153 32.608
    S26 28.098 E153 32.686
    S26 28.125 E153 32.696

pretty much cruise the confines of this triangle. Small area and will produce esky fish, at the right time.

a little bit deeper:-

S26 28.246 E153 33.078

S26 28.217 E153 33.160

cheers LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post
    Go for it guys you can rub it in at the ramp showing off the wahoos to the Friday night
    that is what were hoping for . beer and brag