Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

Re: Barwon Banks M & G April 21st

cant wait to try the new prop offshore . big improvements in the bay

With you Bret not working Friday will be there with you head out Friday as well fish for Friday BBQ

thats a plan

Quote Originally Posted by 20ran. View Post
    It's still looking good well better than the last meet and greet 2.1 Is nothing 9 second duration under 10 knots perfect for fishing I know Jason and Bret will be keen.

always keen for a banks trip but that swell isnt leaving much room for error, and the odd storm rolling through could spice things up abit, lol not much difference from the last trip except the following forcast isnt dropping. will wait and see what saturday morning is like and make a decision then on how far im willing to go out. sht i hope it gets better i am keen for a fish.

2.1 at 9 seconds is fine,hope it stays that way for you blokes but i have a feeling it will be a bit bigger than that as forcast is that it is going to get bigger during the day. could be wrong..hope yous all get onto a few...if it doesnt get over 2mtrs i will head out off moreton for a feed a snapps sunday or maybe get onto a few kingies.

You lot are a mob of queerland soft cocks

For faarks sake, 2 meter swell, sheit, that worries the fark out of me, just worry about the wind and sea's.

The rest will be sweet.

Bring it ON

Fished worse in a 15ft tinny

Cheers and see you there

Rob T/Red C

Oh
    damo

We always new ground clearance was not a problem for you

Phill,

You are the softess of all
    Have a go ya mug

Quote Originally Posted by rosco1974 View Post
    i am out fellas have to work....wasn't real keen on the 2.3mtr swells in an area i dont fish regularly...good luck ...might be up friday nite for a chin wag.
    cheers rosco

Probably a good call Rosco, looks like I may have to head down south for a funeral so glad I'm not letting anyone down.

Just bite the bullet guys and drive a bit further to Agnes for the weekend.

trouble is rob t if i went out in those conditions i would of bagged out b4 you even got half way out in that size swell...nothing like doing 30 odd knts in 2m seas in a cat,plenty of air and a nice smooth landing..

Looks like i am probably in.

What's the go you guys getting up at what time in morning?

Last time i got there all i heard was snoring from all the boats parked in the carpark - then I think half went home instead of launching - we going fishing this time
    Cheers

Trev

Weather Update.

Location............ Barwon Banks.......

Friday 4/20
    Morning
    Light winds with a slight chop. Moderate short period wind waves.
    Seas: E 2.4 meters at 10 sec.
    Winds: S 9 to 12 knots
    Afternoon
    Seas: E 2.4 meters at 10 seconds
    Winds: SE 8 to 11 knots
    Saturday 4/21
    Morning
    Seas: E 2.3 meters at 10 sec.
    Winds: S 7 to 10 knots
    Afternoon
    Seas: E 2.2 meters at 10 sec.
    Winds: ESE 7 to 9 knots
    Sunday 4/22
    Morning
    Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.
    Seas: E 2.1 meters at 10 sec.
    Winds: S 10 to 14 knots
    Afternoon
    Breezy whitecapping conditions with moderate choppy seas. Moderate short period wind waves.
    Seas: E 2.2 meters at 10 sec.
    Winds: SSE 12 to 17 knots
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

Last time i got there all i heard was snoring from all the boats parked in the carpark - then I think half went home instead of launching - we going fishing this time

wasn't our fault. it was all brett's fault. he farted in hueys face and huey took exception. but it seems that you were too late for the piss up and too early for the wake up. so maybe you could arrive in time for the piss up this time and then you wont be worrying about the snoring (just the wake up).
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Quote Originally Posted by TREVELLY View Post

You should be right this time Trev......the state election is over so the boys should be in bed early with nothing to talk about this time.

Brisbane pilotage area
    Locality: Mooloolah River entrance
    Activity: navigation warning
    Refer to notice: 147 (T) of 2012 & 240 (T) of 2012
    Mariners are advised that recent severe weather has prevented further hydrographic surveys of
    the Mooloolah River and its coastal bar. Reports suggest that the shoaling event at the river's
    entrance continues, with a sand shoal extending due west from the end of the eastern breakwater
    resulting in shallow water near the channel's centre line.
    Reports also suggest there is deeper water between the sand shoal and the end of the western
    breakwater.
    A temporary lit port lateral buoy QR at approximate position latitude 26° 40.7838' S,
    longitude 153° 07.8770' E, continues to mark the western edge of the sand shoal and deeper
    water between the western breakwater.
    The Mooloolah River front leading light F Bu (FY day) at position latitiude 26° 40.9354' S,
    longitude 153° 08.1390' E, and the rear leading light F Bu (FY day) at position
    latitude 26° 40.9637' S, longitude 153° 08.1747' E, remains temporarily extinguished.
    Mariners must remain mindful that coastal bars are dynamic in nature; conditions can change
    within days. Mariners must also carefully consider the character of their vessels and the
    prevailing tidal and weather conditions before entering or leaving the Mooloolah River. The
    coastal bar must be navigated with extreme caution.
    Mariners are also reminded that the Mooloolah River entrance is defined as a coastal bar. This
    means that each person on board an open boat less than 4.8 metres in length must now wear an
    appropriate life jacket or PFD while the boat is crossing the coastal bar.
    Cancel notice: 240 (T) of 2012
    AUS charts affected: 235
    Maritime Safety Queensland charts affected: Moreton Bay – Manly to Mooloolaba (MB1)
    Maritime Safety Queensland Beacon to Beacon Directory 9th edition map: 71

ISSUED 22nd March 2012
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 17-04-2012 at 08:57 AM.

ON a 2mtr swell, I'd only be heading in daylight, given the above notice on the bar.

Cheers LP