Thread: Moreton Mixed Bag

Moreton Mixed Bag

so i returned to moreton yesterday to try for some tailor again but just like tailor do they had left as quick as they came, though i had plan B which was throw some plastics out the front of the house on the incoming tide this morning and then flick the edge of the deeper channels at the top of the tide, then fish some un weighted yabbies on the fall at lunch time, i thought i'd challenge myself by using 6lb braid for the whole trip and on the 3rd cast managed a nice lizard at 83cm 5th cast landed me a 63cm model so i was happy with that. I then walked 5 min down the road to the deep channel within 30mins i had 2 nice sweeties and a good bream, i finished up the lunch time fish by catching a few nice whitting for tea.... back at the mainland by 2pm and wanting to go back

Re: Moreton Mixed Bag

wow your doing pretty good, I went out for a fish yesterday land-based in the Brisbane river and caught over 20 fork-tail catfish...

Dan

That sounds familiar, I was out in Deception Bay on Saturday fishing the banks, 5 catfish in 5 minutes and I was lifting the pick and heading out

what a quality... mixed grill... wish i was there bud.... yummo a nice range for the table.... evan that bream looks 35cm + i bet those sweeties went pretty hard..... did you get them on plastics???

yeah all on plastics except the whitting, I'd take you over tomorrow Dylan but the weather has been average

nice catch, thats a cracking flatty Jack.

Thats a nice way to spend the day. The Lizard is a cracker
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

Jack what a nice way to spend the day, good work.
    Do you go on your own ?

Joe

Top effort Jack, that lizard would gone hard on 6lb gear! Great mixed bag mate, i am salivating looking them.

Well done mate,

Millsy

Great work Jack, those sweeties would have been fun bringing them in.
    Good things come to those who bait

Good work mate, you've got yourself a nice feed there.

Cheers

Awesome!

Hey what sort of structure were you casting at to get those Emps? Damn good feed there mate.

Cheers
    Pete

sunken logs mainly... im struggling to land the big ones id estimate at 5kg they just brick me every time