Thread: Pine lizard bag-out!

Pine lizard bag-out!

Launched at Deep Water Bend about 6.30 and headed for the mouth of the Pine. Stopped on the way to pick up some herring for live bait - got about 40 in one throw, put a dozen in the bin and released the rest. Settled down to fish the change of the tide. By 9.00 I had caught 6 flathead (only one undersize), about 10 bream (mostly well under - kept only 2) and a nice summer whiting.
    The lizards weren't huge - best was 53cm - just a good eating size. Only got one hit and no hookups on the live baits. All the fish caught on prawns. Nice morning!
    Cheers Freeeedom
    Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Attached Thumbnails - Click to enlarge Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 12 004a.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	77959  

Re: Pine lizard bag-out!

Great trip and pleasant on the water I suspect. Was driving over the Pine Bridge only yesterday and thouht the water was clear enough for a fish....

Well done...

Cheers Pete

Great stuff, Freeedom. I'm always amazed how dead baits can sometimes outdo livies. I always go livies, but I'm starting to think i should try otherwise. How do you go with rays, though? Always seem to come across them in the Pine when using dead baits.

Cuzza

Blog Entries

Well done Freeedom. Should be a nice feed. Do you use the packet bait prawns, catch your own or Woolies?

Nice work, was going to take the young bloke down Sunday arvo but wimped it. Still a couple days to go for a sicky before the weekend. Well done

Usually don't have too much trouble with rays in the Pine Cuzza - maybe average one per session. The secret when using the dead baits for lizards is to keep the bait on the move every few seconds. This attracts the lizards and doesn't give the rays time to find it. On the other hand when I'm chasing summeries at Bribie I catch heaps of rays that are up on top of the banks at high tide along with the whiting. They are a real nuisance on the light gear.

Funchy - I use prawns that I catch in the cast net. Live ones are best but this season has been terrible so far due to the floods. I build up a supply in the freezer when they are on to last me through the rest of the year.

Cheers Freeeedom

i've never had any luck with live herring since i moved to Bribie,,, the cat normally eats em,,, and yet on any good day the jetty normally has a couple of ppl on it casting for them,,, must be the way how i tie them on the line that stuffs it

good catch mate,,,

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Good catch there freedom the pine does produce some good fish well done.

Nice work on the catch, i've only ever been there once on the jetty a couple of years ago. We got a lot of little stuff but the old fella beside us was using pillies, he was landing bream 28cm plus.
    Good things come to those who bait

Awesome freedom, nice looking flatty's mate...so thats why i didn't get any hahaha they all went on your hook lmao nice work mate.

Cheers
    Billy

Nice catch there John. Got the next 4 weeks off so I will be putting in the hours on the water, Peter.
    "We gave Howard the Arse now we have to fix Rudd"
    "Now we have to sort Gillard" F@?k me RUDD again
    Abbott and Newman what a great next few years "NOT"

Well done freedom. I also had no luck on the livies on Saturday. Only managed one flathead @ 47
    Tight Lines

Split-shot

I think me and my mate have found your bream spot Freeedom, got about 35 all up, all from kayaks

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    i've never had any luck with live herring since i moved to Bribie,,, the cat normally eats em,,, and yet on any good day the jetty normally has a couple of ppl on it casting for them,,, must be the way how i tie them on the line that stuffs it
    choppa
    I'm having the same problem. Catching plenty of herring, but nothing wants to touch 'em live or dead. I used to catch thumping big tailor on herring, now they go stale and catch rays and shovelnoses.