Thread: autumn greenbacks

autumn greenbacks

with such a good day thursday I decided to hit Moreton Island for just something to do, I ventured over at 2pm and took no bait only a light rod with some small plastics, as i got close to Kooringal i flicked the banks for some pike for possible bait, managed 20 pike in 15 mins and was happy with that, now the car road from kooringal to the beach has been eroded away so i was left with the task of walking the 3km trip through soft sand to a gutter worth fishing, took the tailor gear and arrived at 5pm not a touch for the first hour but all of a sudden got smashed one after another some where just unstopable which i was estimating at fish 10lb plus, all up ended up with 13 nice tailor ranging from 4lb to 8lb..... i had to stop at 13 fish as i didnt consider i had to backpack them home 3km in soft sand and i was lucky as the fish gods made me run out of bait and hooks.... lets just say i got a months workout in 2 hours walking home. The next morning i walked back to the same gutter with some yabbies and managed 23 nice big summer whitting which strangly i much rather catch. late friday arvo i returned home but on the way stopped at a local reef to throw a plastic or two and in half an hour picked up 3 nice snapper and a monster catty that went 7.1kg (I kept it for the asians next door, they love them ). Im heading back tomorrow for the night and let me say im pretty pumped

this poor bream got chased in by a tailor... this was a estimated 26cm fish

not the biggest one but its a pb for my 6lb outfit designed for pike hahaha
    9 of the biggest

Re: autumn greenbacks

Australians version of Bear Grylls. sounds like you had a ball, top few days.
    mate i have to ask whats the boat your in??

22ft long boat or Javerlin as its known if you saw it around most people remember it.... its a lap pool with a motor, I run a 36h yanmar diesel outboard, and that runs on homemade bio so youll smell the fish and chips hahaha although it may make a little more noise it costs me $5 to go to moreton and back at 18 knotts
    this is what the rest looks like

That's great looking at those photos, you really cleaned up on the tailor, well done!
    Good things come to those who bait

Blog Entries

Great report mate sounds like a lot of fun. How does the flesh hold up on the tailor after a long walk like that? Or dont tell me you lugged ice all the way up there too

Very nice justjack that's a top mixed bag of fish thanks for the report. Those Tailor are huge bring on the cooler weather, nothing better than a feed of fresh Tailor IMO.
    Cheers Axl

Thanks for another great post JJ.
    Just love it when those cool offshores start to blow!
    A great feed and some top bait there as well!
    Can't wait for the greenbacks to arrive down here!
    Cheers.

Love your work Jack, those little gutters at the bottom of the island are the pick of the beach. can't wait to get back over there.

Craig

with a view like that catching fish is a bonus! ... better get back now to my work cubicle with no windows

great feed there mate.well done

Very nice tailor.

Good report and god fish.

I notice you have an identical backpack that I have, good stuff.

Good size boat you have for the trip. What level of sea do you take it out on.

Bondy

Top Greenies ther mate.

well she handles most seas well, you do get a little wet if your not the one driving but she rides swell well and is a very smooth boat also being mostly flat bottom she only needs 10cm to float

Quote Originally Posted by justjack View Post
    well she handles most seas well, you do get a little wet if your not the one driving but she rides swell well and is a very smooth boat also being mostly flat bottom she only needs 10cm to float
    Nice , must have more of suction hull so to speak