Thread: Report for reporting sakes!!!

Blog Entries

Unhappy Report for reporting sakes!!!

Out in the passage at the Bells creek channel 3rd beacon at 3:30am. After a great session yesterday I was looking fwd to a bit more of the same. It had rained pretty heavily over night and I umm'ed and ahhh'ed before getting off my back and hitting it. The conditions were like glass and I was feeling confident. After a few casts I was on to a little flatty about 30cms. Released him and kept casting back in. There seemed to be pickers tapping my Gulp 4inch Minnow but no real size to them hence no hook. I ended up quite frustrated as I tried opening the bale and letting take it, trying to rip there heads off once they hit it..... nothing. Oh well. About 5:30am I changed over to my HB I have been having some success on and 2nd cast got a 39cm flatty. In he went. Cast back around for nothing more. Went for a bit of a drift but not a touch. Was home having a cuppa by 7am.

Wasn't as much surface action as yesterday.

Sorry no pics. The GoPro is on the blink. BLUDDY!!

Re: Report for reporting sakes!!!

Thanks for the report Funchy, I suppose there's always every other morning to try your luck out?
    Good things come to those who bait

Awesome mate ya know there is another day, and another fish to catch.

Cheers
    Billy

Trace adn I hit the Bribie passage a fair bit south of you adn didn't have much luck either...Trace dropped a reasonable flatty right beside the boat and I didn't even get a hookup!