Thread: Is Eric Grell still making rods (Egrell rods)

Is Eric Grell still making rods (Egrell rods)

Just wondering if anyone knows whats going on with Egrell rods. Eric's site has been down for a while now and most tackle stores don't seem to have any of his rods in stock.

cheers tim

Re: Is Eric Grell still making rods (Egrell rods)

Tim,
    I havent heard the latest, but Erics wife had taken ill. He was tending to her and the business was on hold till she recovered. I have a rod awaiting repair and he called me before christmas and explained this. Have not heard of an update. I wish her well.

Never met the guy, but I hope all's well.
    If he's wife is ill, I wish her a speedy and full recovery.

How much I love my S10 (my fave rod) pales in comparison to how I love my family members. Hopefully everything is now fine, and he's just behind in orders.

I hope all is well with Deb and Eric, very nice couple which I have plenty of time for.

Stu
    Precision Rods

Only met Eric and Deb once when they lived at Bribie whilst picking up a couple of rods and they are some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Eric always has time for a chat about his rods and always helps you in deciding what rod will suit your needs, he even goes so far as to tell you how to fish his rods to there full potential.

Hopefully Deb makes a full recovery and Eric continues producing quality rods for years to come

cheers tim

I also don't know Eric or his family but I have a very good liking to one of his rods. I hope all is well.

Scott

Like all the other posters, I am terribly sorry to hear that Deb is ill. When I purchased my S10 (and) when Eric replaced it under warranty he couldnt have been more helpful and so happy to caht on the phone about fishing and rods. Good luck to you both.

kind regards, Mike

Think Eric may be making rods again, his website is back up and running

cheers tim

Has there been any more info on Eric ? Keen to upgrade an old S10 if they are back on deck. Hope all went well.