Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterways

Re: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterwa

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Delisser View Post
    Don't you think Woolies and Coles have a big enough share of the grog market already?

I don't care whether they do or they don't. I just want the convenience of being able to buy a bottle of plonk whilst at the supermarket rather than having to park a trolley full of groceries on its lonesome at the front of the adjacent bottle shop (Yup - usually owned by Coles or Woolies) whilst I go inside and buy a bottle of plonk.

Re: LNP invests $120 million in boating and fishing infrastructure, deepening waterwa

Quote Originally Posted by charleville View Post
    I don't care whether they do or they don't. I just want the convenience of being able to buy a bottle of plonk whilst at the supermarket rather than having to park a trolley full of groceries on its lonesome at the front of the adjacent bottle shop (Yup - usually owned by Coles or Woolies) whilst I go inside and buy a bottle of plonk.

Let's go all the way and have the grog shop, groceries at the petrol shop ???? Maybe we could have KFC and Subway drive through, offering a free Cider instead of " would you like fries with that ???

IMO.................

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Well, well.............. Captain ( bare faced liar, mudslinger, big spender ) Bligh has told the media and us that she is not going to report Noddy to the CMC over his business ( family business ) dealings because she has:-

N O T H I N G

No matter which side of politics you subscribe to, this must now let you know what sort of person / party runs our State.

Too late Anna, banana, some mud has stuck and people have had to do all sorts of things that affect their lives, simply because YOU decided that because someone can actually make good financial decisions ( and you can't ) then they must be crooks. Well, chewy on ya boot AB...........

LP

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky_Phill View Post
    cheers GOM from the Fun Police

Well, you got that right!

Click for large view - Uploaded with Skitch

Garbage!

I grew up in a family where grog was a serious problem. A very serious problem! And in those days, there were no bottle shops, let alone supermarkets selling the stuff. In fact, there were also 6 pm closing times at the pub and yet in our family and in many others, grog was a major problem leading to all sorts of issues like family violence. Trust me, I was often a very scared little boy in my household on some nights before Mum (and I) left the old man just before I turned ten. So it was not supermarket alcohol selling that could be blamed for what was a bad period in Australia in relation to the mix of alcohol and violence.

My late Mum would tell you that what solved those grog problems amongst men in an earlier time (1950's) was the introduction of television in the sixties. Men would come home from the pubs to watch TV rather than getting immersed in the public bar big shouting round culture.

Kids in grog affected families will still see Dad wheeling out cases of grog these days 'cos if they are going to buy bulk grog, it is unlikely that they are intent on doing the family food shopping at the same time. Nonetheless, they can fill a shopping trolley at any shopping centre bottle shop and wheel it past the kids as much as they like now.

As for women half filling the trolley with grog and not groceries, you must sure live in a bad street, Phil, if that behaviour is what you see as the norm.

So tell me where the problems with grog emerge?

IMHO, it is when grog and male testosterone get mixed together. Like in a public bar. How many times have I heard the dull thud of someone's head hitting the ground because of alcohol mixed with a "who are you lookin' at?" primeval stag fighting episode emerging in a crowd of men where public pride/shame dynamics win over logic? Yup - in my youth, I spent a lot of time in public bars across Queensland and I saw a lot of examples of too much "beer and bad manners" as the cops would describe it.

Indeed, drinking habits have changed so much since then that I doubt if most young men even know what it means when someone places a beer glass upside down on a bar these days.

It would be much better for Mum to buy a couple of bottles of grog for Dad whilst she is out shopping so that he can have a beer at home where there is no testosterone fueled competition emotion and where there can be a limit on the amount of grog available.

Let's go all the way and have the grog shop, groceries at the petrol shop ???? Maybe we could have KFC and Subway drive through, offering a free Cider instead of " would you like fries with that ???

Maybe, if that is what the free market wants so what is wrong with that? Are we to be communists?

Did you complain when you were able to buy cigarettes in the grocery aisles?

Did you complain when you could buy a shot gun and cartridges at KMart, and not that long ago?

Did you complain when poker machines started invading local sporting clubs, complete with contiguous ATMs and plenty of grog to start the fire?

Do you complain when you see those poor miserable wretches sitting in boxer shorts and rubber thongs all day on a Saturday at their local TAB watching horse races and within closer reach to a betting window than what they would have at a race track? Are you indeed lobbying against online gambling and the promotion of such on TV at at sporting events by sweet looking girls and well dressed men?

What? You have not campaigned against any of those human entertainment choices? So why do you want to stop the average person buying a bottle of plonk conveniently at a supermarket?

Sounds like conflicting standards to me.

,,,,,,,,,,,,getting a bit of track maybe,,, but i have more of these emails that make me wonder where you,,, me,,, my family,,, and there family's will be in the future

one of these days we may have an ""honest"" politician that sits back and states that the way how the world is progressing,,we have no funds to enhance it

i fkn wonder why???????

and yet the promises of having this or that done to gain our votes,,,

to see them diminish to bullshit and more bullshit to cover it up??

its been the same on basically every election since i was knee high to a fkn grasshopper,,, same story,,, different person to pick on

my vote,,, is my business,,, but unless someone can create a lot more enthusiasm in me to change,, by showing growth ,,, it wont change

and yeh,, i have a backyard garden,,, tastes better than that imported shit,, and i can't afford to get a new aussie to help me make it bigger or better,,, because he/she is getting paid more than me right now
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Alcohol should definitely be banned from old retirees sitting in front of computers

Fair dink-um you post some tripe.

I grew up in a family where grog was a serious problem. A very serious problem! And in those days, there were no bottle shops, let alone supermarkets selling the stuff. In fact, there were also 6 pm closing times at the pub and yet in our family and in many others, grog was a major problem leading to all sorts of issues like family violence. Trust me, I was often a very scared little boy in my household on some nights before Mum (and I) left the old man just before I turned ten. So it was not supermarket alcohol selling that could be blamed for what was a bad period in Australia in relation to the mix of alcohol and violence.

Not exactly the track I was going down....

My late Mum would tell you that what solved those grog problems amongst men in an earlier time (1950's) was the introduction of television in the sixties. Men would come home from the pubs to watch TV rather than getting immersed in the public bar big shouting round culture.

Ya see, it's not like that anymore, the hubbies and wives are at the pub,( and they take the kids and they are amused in the " kids zone " until dinner is ready ) the male " hunter , gatherer " mentality has gone ( somewhat ) and pubs are not pubs like they used to be in our time. Maybe some country pubs are.

Kids in grog affected families will still see Dad wheeling out cases of grog these days 'cos if they are going to buy bulk grog, it is unlikely that they are intent on doing the family food shopping at the same time. Nonetheless, they can fill a shopping trolley at any shopping centre bottle shop and wheel it past the kids as much as they like now.

Yes, but kids will associate food shopping with grog shopping and make it a " norm ".

As for women half filling the trolley with grog and not groceries, you must sure live in a bad street, Phil, if that behaviour is what you see as the norm.

I never said I see it, just saying as above....

Problems with grog....... where do I start ? First stop and with no hesitation is PARENTS......... simple. Too many times I hear or see a Parent give a kid ( some quite young, like 5 - 8 ) a taste / sip of beer etc....... well %$#@ that, that is completely wrong IMO and bad parenting, plain and simple. Then there are the parenst that let their 15 / 16 year old, have a stubbie, glass of wine or bottle of an addictive ( not like ciggies ) substance and can lead to major social , financial and health issues and to that end WHY would you place something like that on the supermarket shelves in plain view of kids..... ?

Yes, ciggies too, sending wrong messages everyday of the week

IMHO, it is when grog and male testosterone get mixed together. Like in a public bar. How many times have I heard the dull thud of someone's head hitting the ground because of alcohol mixed with a "who are you lookin' at?" primeval stag fighting episode emerging in a crowd of men where public pride/shame dynamics win over logic? Yup - in my youth, I spent a lot of time in public bars across Queensland and I saw a lot of examples of too much "beer and bad manners" as the cops would describe it.

True and again, in times past. I too have drank and worked in public bars from Brisvegas to Townsville, but by far the issues are Nightclubs and not public bars. Yep, I agree, to turn a man into a pig, just add grog......

Indeed, drinking habits have changed so much since then that I doubt if most young men even know what it means when someone places a beer glass upside down on a bar these days.

Yep, agree....... and now days they glass you instead of shaping up to you... todays youth..... cowards

It would be much better for Mum to buy a couple of bottles of grog for Dad whilst she is out shopping so that he can have a beer at home where there is no testosterone fueled competition emotion and where there can be a limit on the amount of grog available.

Not all drinkers dose up on testosterone while having a tipple

Maybe, if that is what the free market wants so what is wrong with that? Are we to be communists?

The free market... yes....... if only the majority had their way instead of minorities

Absolutely and directly to the supermarket chains........

Did you complain when you could buy a shot gun and cartridges at KMart, and not that long ago?

Shotgun cartridges...... alcohol....... mmmm guessing there is a comparison ???

Did you complain when poker machines started invading local sporting clubs, complete with contiguous ATMs and plenty of grog to start the fire?

No........... in fact I saw the introduction in Qld as a good thing, because I for one, used to travel over the border to tug at the One Armed Bandits, get cheap food and entertainment and saw first hand, how the clubs from NSW enjoyed the financial rewards at the expense of Qld clubs and Qlder's. The ATM issue is a bad one and i agree that there should be limits on withdrawls, but again, do we legislate for the minority ????????? I think not.

Do you complain when you see those poor miserable wretches sitting in boxer shorts and rubber thongs all day on a Saturday at their local TAB watching horse races and within closer reach to a betting window than what they would have at a race track? Are you indeed lobbying against online gambling and the promotion of such on TV at at sporting events by sweet looking girls and well dressed men?

NO............ absolute minorities and I have no time for them

What? You have not campaigned against any of those human entertainment choices? So why do you want to stop the average person buying a bottle of plonk conveniently at a supermarket?

Assumption......... see above comments

Indeed, you could say that, but you would be wrong........

.[/QUOTE]

There are a few issues I have with grog in supermarkets and maybe we should take this to anther thread ?

I really say that kids are sponges and the kids of today ( generation WTF ? ) are a result of their parenting, in the majority of cases. I heard a little something on the radio the other day which had me thinking.

It was in relation to teenagers of today and it went like. Kids ( teenagers ) tend to hang around in groups / gangs because they feel safer then walking alone, because when they walk alone they see groups / gangs and feel afraid, hence THEY join a group / gang. My question is, how did we come to this ?

But maybe that is for another thread.. ?

What was the question

LP
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 13-03-2012 at 08:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg P View Post
    Alcohol should definitely be banned from old retirees sitting in front of computers

Fair dink-um you post some tripe.
    i wont hack the thread Greg,,, i don't drink all that much,,, and i am not a fkn old retiree,,, i believe in one thing,,, next election,,,

same posts,,, different ppl to throw shit at,,,,
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Not exactly the track I was going down....

Ya see, it's not like that anymore, the hubbies and wives are at the pub,( and they take the kids and they are amused in the " kids zone " until dinner is ready ) the male " hunter , gatherer " mentality has gone ( somewhat ) and pubs are not pubs like they used to be in our time. Maybe some country pubs are.

Yes, but kids will associate food shopping with grog shopping and make it a " norm ".

I never said I see it, just saying as above....

Problems with grog....... where do I start ? First stop and with no hesitation is PARENTS......... simple. Too many times I hear or see a Parent give a kid ( some quite young, like 5 - 8 ) a taste / sip of beer etc....... well %$#@ that, that is completely wrong IMO and bad parenting, plain and simple. Then there are the parenst that let their 15 / 16 year old, have a stubbie, glass of wine or bottle of an addictive ( not like ciggies ) substance and can lead to major social , financial and health issues and to that end WHY would you place something like that on the supermarket shelves in plain view of kids..... ?

Yes, ciggies too, sending wrong messages everyday of the week

True and again, in times past. I too have drank and worked in public bars from Brisvegas to Townsville, but by far the issues are Nightclubs and not public bars. Yep, I agree, to turn a man into a pig, just add grog......

Yep, agree....... and now days they glass you instead of shaping up to you... todays youth..... cowards

Not all drinkers dose up on testosterone while having a tipple

The free market... yes....... if only the majority had their way instead of minorities

Absolutely and directly to the supermarket chains........

Shotgun cartridges...... alcohol....... mmmm guessing there is a comparison ???

No........... in fact I saw the introduction in Qld as a good thing, because I for one, used to travel over the border to tug at the One Armed Bandits, get cheap food and entertainment and saw first hand, how the clubs from NSW enjoyed the financial rewards at the expense of Qld clubs and Qlder's. The ATM issue is a bad one and i agree that there should be limits on withdrawls, but again, do we legislate for the minority ????????? I think not.

NO............ absolute minorities and I have no time for them

Assumption......... see above comments

Indeed, you could say that, but you would be wrong........

There are a few issues I have with grog in supermarkets and maybe we should take this to anther thread ?

I really say that kids are sponges and the kids of today ( generation WTF ? ) are a result of their parenting, in the majority of cases. I heard a little something on the radio the other day which had me thinking.

It was in relation to teenagers of today and it went like. Kids ( teenagers ) tend to hang around in groups / gangs because they feel safer then walking alone, because when they walk alone they see groups / gangs and feel afraid, hence THEY join a group / gang. My question is, how did we come to this ?

But maybe that is for another thread.. ?

What was the question

LP[/QUOTE]

What was the question?

thats a bottle there to read all that and digest
    Tangles KFC

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Robinson MP View Post
    It was Labor MPs who brought in the Moreton Bay fishing closures - and will bring more in at both federal and state level if re-elected. It was Labor who voted for snapper bans in the Qld parliament. The only way to stop the rot is to vote for your local LNP candidate/MP.
    it was Howard who bought in the massive extension of the Green zones, a convenient omission.

Here is some interesting reading: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...313-1uy70.html

Katter is an idiot..that ad just proves it.

Perhaps someone should ask Bob if he does some checks on his staff or does he still employ people who are hiding from their obligations.

Quote Originally Posted by choppa View Post
    i wont hack the thread Greg,,, i don't drink all that much,,, and i am not a fkn old retiree,,, i believe in one thing,,, next election,,,

same posts,,, different ppl to throw shit at,,,,
    Hey Chop I think Greg P was referring to Charleville not you.

or he was refering to me

LP

or he was refering to me

Nah - probably me. I was thinking of rewriting everything into a monosyllabic vocabulary so that dunderheads could understand it but then I realised that they would still find in it a labyrinth of ambiguity that they would have trouble in comprehending.

Phill was almost right ...
    Yep, I agree, to turn a man into a pig, just add grog......
    except that he needed to add, "or give him internet access into open forums, especially those concerning politics or Etecs."