Thread: I'm a new member looking for laughs & entertainment around my favorite thing- boating

I'm a new member looking for laughs & entertainment around my favorite thing- boating

Hi guys, I've finally got a bit of time on my hands now so have decided to join up.

My history is as follows: Basically I've a passion for all things boating. Started sailing in Sabots at 11 years of age progressing into 16ft skiffs for 25yrs building several of my own composite boats during the eighties and nineties. I managed to link my work to my passion in the late eighties starting a business doing compercut striping and graphics in north brisbane and servicing southeast Queensland's marine dealers and boat builders. In 2008/2009 extended that connection to contracting to Trask Bros Racing international F1 race team and GTR race boats as one of the composite boat builders as well as livery and signage designer/installer and pit crew ( nick name Robbery ). In July 2010 I decided to finance my son (a qualified and experienced tradesman boatbuilder...Aluminium) into his own business (Moda Marine) building quality hand crafted plate boats....the plan basically is that I have a lot of knowledge regarding hull performance and how boat factories tend to operate, which gives us a bit of start into an industry that was beginning to suffer from the effects of the GFC. Long story but shortened up quickly being diagnosed with a lung tumor late last year....chemo is a bitch when your body is hot with poison (effects take about 7 days to wear off) so entertainment and laughter is the best cure and where better to get this than in your threads. No pity required as spiritually life can begin with cancer - its all up to how you approach it. I have been a volunteer at the VMR Bribie Island for 14 years and can now afford more time to helping boaties in the northern Moreton Bay area.

Tight Lines

I hope that I can be some help with the boating info seeking threads as well.

Rob Darlington
    formerly the Rob from Rob's Graphics .

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: I'm a new member looking for laughs & entertainment around my favorite thing- boa

Welcome aboard Rob.... good bunch of girls and guys on here always willing to help or take the piss out of ya....Cheers pete

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Re: I'm a new member looking for laughs & entertainment around my favorite thing- boa

Bob you do know fishing is about sitting in the rain, wind and cold covered with filth?

It grows on you.

Cheers

Dan

Blog Entries

Welcome Robbery,

Plenty of laughs to be had and I hope you get your daily "medicine" mate. For a start hows this

A scottsman walk into a library and asks if the librarian has a book on suicide. She says "Fook off! You'll not bring it back"