Thread: NZ

Wink NZ

Heading off to the south Island of NZ at the end of the month can any body explain to what the rules are what the deal is with Licenses do I need one? can I just pull up on the side of the road and have a fish ????? I'm sure there is any easy explanation.
    I can't go to the Trout Mecca of the World and not chase em Help

Cheers Goanna

Re: NZ

Heya mate well you can fish any where you want!! will need to know where you will start from as the tip of the south island to the bottom meaning "Bluff" is a 12-14hr drive...i know the both islands very well hahaha you might need to learn the lingo tho hahahaha "Kia ora" is our hello or greetings...Pronounce it like this "Key Order" say it like 1 word.

Chur chur
    BillyT

You need a licence to fish for trout ! = it costs a bomb (NZ$26 for a 1 dayer) = If you are there for a week , you really need to pay for a yearly licence ($116)

Chris

PS - this site will give you a lot of info

http://www.fishandgame.org.nz/
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Yes sorry bro yea ya need a license for trout...but theres some good spots around the points off rocks or get a charter for bluefin tuna and other species

Cheers thanks it does look good

I'm going there in November up off Hammer Springs to a hut shooting deer cousiny bro
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

I think all of NZ is on one license and if you want to fish taupo district you need a special taupo license. As you will be south island you ijust need general. Good bottom bashing off south island for hapuka / bass and trevalla. Just windy as and gets hammered by big seas and horizontal rain and snow to sea level. Really nice in Feb March.

I got a hold of the fishing regs for the south Island only 48 pages and that's just for the Fresh water and mind you its more about where you can fish and with what. We will not mention Taupo or back country licenses. Its seems to be expensive in any event .