Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

Re: Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    they are both disgusting..I cannot fathom how bourbon is so popular..sickly sweet taste..poor mans whiskey
    Pigs Ars*

Sour whiskey is for sour puss's

Sausage and egg mcmuffin and a quell for breakfast. 2 litres of water. Lunch is normally a couple of chicken and mayo rolls and I throw in a bag or two of lollies and or corn chips. Normally take some fruit as well.
    I am going to try some frankfurts for sure this winter. Great idea

Quote Originally Posted by Tailortaker View Post
    Oh come on Ronnie,, how much sugar is in that rocky road that you spoil us with ?
    Hey Grant-- Rocky Road is for special occassions and probably not as much sugar in one slice as in one can of COKE. Thought Choppa would of jumped on the rocky road trail

Be over bribie from the 19th on ocean side beach for a week. Drop up if you have nothing to do for a chat.

Ronnie

Our sustanance is pretty much always the same.

Roast chicken, bag of bread rolls, large coleslaw.

Also, and not to be forgotten, is a pack of Coles Anzac Biscuits in the clear plastic tub out front of their bakery section.

Cheese corn chips for those that get an upset tummy (always helps).

Darren

Water is always a good start,the ol dirty bird and a few roles,then the ol XXXX gold staple diet on the water.
    Cheers Chris.
    Ps.Cant forget the Pauls Ice Coffe only down side is this stuff is like a lacsative about 20mins and ya gut starts doen strange things!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grinner2 View Post
    What no one eats bananas ??????????????????
    Yeah. Love bananas. Always take a bunch ... Can never decide whether to crumb and fry or put them in the smoker after a quiet day on the water ...

Hi everyone,

My family takes some apples, bananas, carrots to nibble on. For lunch tinned tuna on bread and plenty of water. All thanks to the better half. And some lollies thrown in the mix.

cheers.
    Good things come to those who bait

Couple of 750ml ice breaks, a snickers, packet of chewy lollies, the popular sugar free brand (my brother laughed at me for buyin em. He certainly didnt refrain from eatin em later on) and water in addition to that your req'd to have.
    If I think it might be long day out, I like to get a kg of chicken wings, cut up in sections, marinated in my own brew, inc fresh chilli. Marinate all day and cook the night before whilst prepping other gear. Cold, sticky, spicy, sweet, yummy at any time on the water.

A mate ALWAYS brings a fruit cake, the woolies homebrand, square fruit cake. We always laugh, but eat some too.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidlet View Post
    Water is always a good start,the ol dirty bird and a few roles,then the ol XXXX gold staple diet on the water.
    Cheers Chris.
    Ps.Cant forget the Pauls Ice Coffe only down side is this stuff is like a lacsative about 20mins and ya gut starts doen strange things!!!

Pauls.......jeez........Iced coffee one hand bog roll the other...LOL......
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    After moving south i can assure you not many down this way will even know what a Pauls is...
    I almost miss it... and very much would if i didnt give up the smokes..

i asked this bloke what he likes to take with him fishing,,,, he answered the ""house""
    Attached Images Attached Images
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Quote Originally Posted by lucee81 View Post
    After moving south i can assure you not many down this way will even know what a Pauls is...
    I almost miss it... and very much would if i didnt give up the smokes..
    Mate was the same loved a dart with the old ice coffe,it almost makes the effect twice as quick!!!!!!
    Cheers Chris.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan5 View Post
    Come on Dan,you know you dont need bog roll after a Pauls its user freindly minimal fuss,its just a gush!!!!
    Cheers Chris.

My favorite would be about 6 home grown boiled eggs, a big bag of peanuts (unsalted). The missus best chicken wraps and a premix of the old original Staminade (deep chilled for that extra bite). And last 6 smokes only. ( after that tuff it out Time too give up). Ok all set too go for at least another 16hrs or so.
    "If I am going too burn time let it be holding my rod. For when it is time to lay me at rest let it be a Viking burial at it's best. Give back for what I have Taken."