Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

Hi all,

Just wondering what you all use to keep going for a full day's fishing (12 hours).

I am not a coffee drinker so I keep going on water, Powerade for something sweeter than water, coke (in can), corn chips and cheese and gerkin sandwiches (a family tradition for fishing trips). If i'm not skipper then add a six pack of beer to that list.

Re: Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

a packet of smokes

BBQ Shapes

Depends on swmbo if she is in the mood then it's nice sandwiches and snacks if she isn't then it's a bag of crisps and lollies from the servo. Heaps of water and some coke and very seldom beer
    BOAT really does mean Bring out Another Thousand

I always take 2 cans of V black, Red Rock Deli Chips, Bottle of water and usually some chicken and mayo sangas.

cheers tim

Salami/pepperoni sticks wagon wheels and some beers.............always have a 10ltr ice water jug aswell..........jerky is good also.

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

Pack of durries, pack of servo chips, 6 pack of V and an ice break.

I will make some sangers, take some powerade, corn chips, boiled salted peanuts and some ginger beer and occassionally some muesli bars. But if I am with the old cheeses she makes it all and I get what she serves up, which are better quality sangers, some soft drink, sometimes some cornchips, some mueseli bars but notmuch else. I found the w00lies Select mueselie bars seem to be about the best value but have been trying a few others out. My normal crew hate it when I take the boiled salted peanuts but I don't seem to tbe the only one eating them.

Usually a pack of those fruit muesli bar things, the fancy coated ones, as the plain ones are bloody rough.
    And a bottle of coke or one of those powerade drinks.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    6 pack of V

Do you down 6 cans ???

cheers tim

Jerky always keeps you going but you can't beat the butane cooker with a good steak or sausages cold beverages feel like going fishing now just thinking about it. Oh yer can't forget the smokes either

A 4pack of bundaberg ginger beer, a bottle of water and a packet of smokes - I get some strange looks trolling up the pine and cab river drinking my ginger beer at 7 in the morning lol

Quote Originally Posted by TIM D View Post
    Do you down 6 cans ???

cheers tim
    Yeah pretty much Tim.......being the skipper I'm usually up hours earlier than everyone else getting things ready then the drive to the ramp, drive the boat all day, fish all day, drive home, clean boat blablabla I'm usually pretty buggered by middayish so that's when the V comes in to it's own, V...oh how I love you!!!!But as a consolation I usually drink a heap of water throughout the day as well.

Oh and NO......I don't do a full pack of smokes
    despite what Phill and some others may say.

crikies..you blokes going for a week or a day..do you get time to fish or too busy eating?????

Quote Originally Posted by Muddy Toes View Post
    Yeah pretty much Tim.......being the skipper I'm usually up hours earlier than everyone else getting things ready then the drive to the ramp, drive the boat all day, fish all day, drive home, clean boat blablabla I'm usually pretty buggered by middayish so that's when the V comes in to it's own, V...oh how I love you!!!!But as a consolation I usually drink a heap of water throughout the day as well.

Oh and NO......I don't do a full pack of smokes

despite what Phill and some others may say.

If i did 6 cans i reckon id be awake for 3 days straight

My dentist hates V, he reckons its like battery acid

cheers tim