Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

Re: Sustenance (food and drink) for fishing

I didn't realise there was so many smokers out there still..........One of the main reasons i gave up(5 1/2 months) was i felt like a leper now a days.........should of hung out with you mob a bit more..........good ol durries were a nice appetite surpresant thats for sure!!!

Dan
    Confidence.......the feeling you get before you fully understand the situation.

powerade, can of V, salami and cheese sambo and a few muesli bars for me. if the fishings hot none of it gets eatn otherwise it gets nailed
    dont knock on deaths door... ring the doorbell and run... death hates that!!

Thermos of coffee (summer & winter), powerade, water, twisties, chips, BBQ shapes and Mars bars...

Sometimes I do take bananas and guess what? - the catch rate is not affected!

Hi
    You guys need to think seriously. V drinks, coke, chips. You know there is over 12 teaspoons of sugar in one can of coke.

Whats wrong with making a couple of sandwiches the night before-- Ham, cheese, even vegemite would be better than all that junk you fella's are living on.

The night before we go i always make a sanger or two, have the flasks ready for the hot water. I only drink tea, Hubby takes a couple of beers and we always have plenty of cold water. Take a bickie or two to have with the cuppa but thats it.

Ronnie

BBQ boerewors, tjops of the prev evening, buns,s&v chips, jelly tots ,lots of water,powerade and lots of ice

Cheers
    J

Raspberry cordial, BBQ shapes, cold pizza (muddy toes got me started on this), boiled lollies and some water.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

Since I'm the skipper whatever the crew bring along plus water & a few cold ones

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Ronnie H View Post
    Hi
    You guys need to think seriously. V drinks, coke, chips. You know there is over 12 teaspoons of sugar in one can of coke.

Whats wrong with making a couple of sandwiches the night before-- Ham, cheese, even vegemite would be better than all that junk you fella's are living on.

The night before we go i always make a sanger or two, have the flasks ready for the hot water. I only drink tea, Hubby takes a couple of beers and we always have plenty of cold water. Take a bickie or two to have with the cuppa but thats it.

Ronnie
    Yes Mum we know but we are all so super keen to get out there on the water we kinda forget about food untill we are at the servo fueling up and eating our pie and ice break for breaky.

a whole roast chicken....always goes down well when you break it up for some bread rolls, BBQ shapes, fruit juice poppers , water, solo cans and a couple of beers for the return leg home.

A pack of durries, cans of coke, ham and cheese sanga's and a big bag of chips for the trip in!! And also plenty of water. Got to love the fresh fish sauce from resting a sanga on the cutting board if you hook up!!

Quote Originally Posted by tropicrows View Post
    Raspberry cordial, BBQ shapes, cold pizza (muddy toes got me started on this), boiled lollies and some water.
    Muddy Toes???????? I believe the skipper of White Rhino requested this as staples on boat a long time ago Bruce "alzimers" Tropicrows!

Marty...sold out by his crew
    Living the dream, Barry

I don't eat that much on the water... But a mate got me onto muesli bars, so grab a box and a bottle of water for the day..
    If I get excited I will grab a chook and pull it apart out on the water. and a 6 pack of beer for the day if its going to be a full day.

If the better half is coming its about 3 packets of chips, Water, Coke, Lollies, chook, bread rolls etc.... and we end up bring 99% back home with us.... crazy.

A mate liked sardines on bread until I slipped a filleted pilli onto his sanga when he wasn't looking !!! I nearly ended up in the drink with that one, but it was worth it.

I have one of those little shorty thermo flasks and get the frankfurts.. stick a few in the thermo and add the rest with boiling water and hey preto a hot meal is waiting... still haven't worked out the easy as solution for tomato sauce so I tend to not worry.... just remember to bring a fork or you will be digging into the hot water with your fingers (like I usually end up doing )

Add to that some bickies and maybe a chockie bar if I think to buy one... anything that doesn't involve too much preparation is tops I reckon
    2008 Signature 520C with the Suzuki 90 4 stroke on the back

gee's,,, i've never seen a thread before that is so designated to fisher people who use plastics,,,,

after i dip my fingers into the bait container (which is normally a "chinese takeaway plastic thingy), thats full of either mullet strips,,, prawn or steak strips,,, soaking in good old Tuna Oil,,,, the appetite side of fishing doesn't really concern me until i'm back home and had 3 showers

Longbeach x 2 (in case one gets wet),,, couple of scotch n cokes,,, soda water,,,,

chopjr use to take half the kitchen tho',,,, he is a bit more restrained nowadays
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Blog Entries

anything I can get my hands on but my favourites are cold lamb and tomato sauce sandwhiches made with the left over roast and really fresh bread or cold corned beef, onion, peas and corn fritters made with the left over corned beef. Add some curry to the batter.......... yummmmmmmmmmmmmm......