Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Proline 27 Walk - So Far So Good :)

New Boat - So Far So Good :)

Hi guys,

Well I have finally been able to religiously take the Proline out on a weekly basis, and all I can say is WOW!

I suppose for those who dont know the history, here are the specs of the boat I imported from the US of A:

2002 Proline Walk around (29ft overall)
    Twin 2001 200hp Optimax's

So, Im not going to bore you with the importation issues and hassles, that has been covered relentlessly in my other threads, this one is more for the performance and whether it has met my expectations or not.

Here goes:

I think I waited roughly 3 weeks for weekends of 30knts to die down until I decided I would take the Boat to Mackay lol!! Well, that was the best thing I have done so far as the sea conditions up there compared to Gladstone are like chalk and Cheese. It has really allowed me to open her up and take us out wide which we have done (130km each way to outer reefs). The boat now planes out to 5800rpm, and has a top speed of 42knts with 4pob and 700 litres of fuel on board, 200 litres of water and all ice, rods and everything else. Fuel consumption I averaged it out to be 1km per Litre. However this fluctuates given the conditions, and when I need to use the trim tabs the fuel per hour reading goes up whilst the speed comes done. But its comfortable

So I have put 30hrs on the motors since importing the boat, and after ironing out all the little gremlins in the first 5 hours of use, all I can say is I am a very happy man, and wouldnt even think of looking at another boat for a very long time

What do I think of the Opti's?? Well the problems I have had have been due to them sitting for some time.. But Since using them with Quickleen and on a regular basis, they have become far better motors each trip. The DFI Oil is expensive, but I feel very comfortable when using the right oil, with quickleen in the fuel and making sure I blow the cobwebs out. So far so good

Anyways, Here are some pics. Thanks for reading. Any Q's happy to answer.

boat.jpg383330_10150657877386164_549441163_12034281_1823751816_n.jpgboat 002.jpgboat 003.jpgboat 004.jpg384683_10150652111891164_549441163_12007709_1193605760_n.jpg

Re: Proline 27 Walk - So Far So Good :)

cool read..... good to know all the bugs ironed out, i woulda been throwing my toys out of the cot with the motor issues, glad it didn't cost you a BOMB to fix the niggles!
    i've often pondered changing career and studying outboards.... there seems to be alot of work and not many sharp gurus to fix them.

ooohhhhhh baby

Nice one Mustang - it certainly looks the goods & the more you use the Opti's the better they will be.

I'd love to go for a ride one day

Very nice Rig. Now its time to enjoy.
    Cheers Bull

Mate good to see you have ironed out the bugs and now getting out on the water and enjoying that weapon of a boat
    make sure you post up a report of all the nice RED fish coming over the side..

Cheers
    Brett

Mustang,,,after reading about your importation issues in other threads all i can say is GO HARD SON looks great on the water,, enjoy lets see some reds reports next

Awesome mate, glad to hear its coming together! 1L per klm? You'd have to be bloody happy with that! Good luck with it and us southerners would love a few trip reports from the reef please
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

awesome loooking boat and great specs,
    good things come to those trying to achieve them, well done

Thanks Fellas.

Have caught a few Reds, but I have been a bit too addicted to the troll settings on the Smart Craft Gauges haha!! So we have been bagging out on some Tuna and Mackeral the last couple of outings.

The Fuel consumption is a lot better than I was expecting... Plus, because I am used to it and still getting confidence in the gauge, All these trips have been with a topped up full tank lol!! So I really have to run her down and I am sure with less weight she might travel even more economical.

Cheers

Mate you should look into heading to 1770 for the M&G in September ...
    Be good to see the beast in action.

Cheers
    Brett

Quote Originally Posted by fishfeeder View Post
    Mate you should look into heading to 1770 for the M&G in September ...
    Be good to see the beast in action.

Cheers
    Brett
    I don't think so Brett, look at the motors in the 4th picture.....look familiar?
    And also Owen your not welcome mate, If your rig was sub 24ft then it would be alright but at 27ft........we don't want you there.

Nice mate the super at work has the 23 i just bought his seats off him for mine
    JT
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Good work getting it all sorted yourself. Just be prepared at 650-750 hours for your compressor to blow up. Seen it happen on a few mates boats around those sorts of hours.

The fuel consumption one km to the liter is that both engines combined, if so thats good going.