Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brissie tinnie and tackle show

Re: Brissie tinnie and tackle show

Got a pretty good deal on a Tournanment 1750! Should pick it up next weekend after on water test, can't wait.

Got a Pflueger Lever Drag Overhead reel same size as a shim TLD 20 for $60 which I thought was a bargin. Most of the rods & reels were going for 50% off. They said they were going to get rid of all the rod stands for $20 today as they didn`t want to take them back to sydney.
    The live Barra tank fishing show was excellent as well as the speakers on the day. Jason Comino on fishing bay snapper (top stuff) ,Jason Gooding on macks & wahoo (top top stuff).
    Had a top day , learnt alot.

I wonder if those 50% deals were on reels that have a warranty that will be honored in Australia or whether they are "grey market" products. Viz, products bought over the internet from overseas' dealers thus bypassing the local dealers and not receiving Australian warranties.

A friend came with us today looking for a light surf Alvey & we couldn't find an Alvey anywhere. Was I blind? Got a good deal on an Engel cover & was 9/10ths buying a camper trailer but folded at the last minute.

Either blind or all sold out , they were right next to the stage where the presenters were doing the fishing expo talks on Friday.

Yup! Definitely blind - or did not go to the seminars and gaze left occasionally.

There was actually a lot of Alvey gear in that area.

Definitely a good day out with some good presentations and plenty of insight to be gained by talking to various vendors etc.

As mentioned, one of the good buys I got was the Pflueger Torsion 20L lever drag overhead reel for $60 and a Strudwick boat rod for $40 ($100 for a $500rrp setup - supposedly). Seemed good to me. Did the normal tests with loading up the rod etc and all felt quite good but time (and a few macs) will tell...

Also got a good deal from the boys at BIAS on an HDS-8 (as did every other man and his dog so I'm led to believe). Got some other decent Saturday afternoon bargains on some skirted lures and soft plastics so will be giving these a workout as soon as my new sounder arrives!

Cheers

Still_dreamin,
    Not dreamin anymore...

I picked up a Penn 345 GT2 for $85.00. What i couldnt belive that the Shop on the other side of the stage had them for $149.00. I had to go back twice to make sure i was comparing apples with apples.

wayne we'll head to curtain very soon and try out that reel

hey guys i worked there and sold you the pflueger's and drop shots.all warranties are legit if you send your warranty froms in.

Lee when ya ready give me a holla.....

I got there with my daughter at 10am Friday car parks were full so I park in the hospital carpark and walked up I saw Phil and another bloke up in the building above the cafe you guys looked busy and were talking with someone and I did not want to butt in. Lunch cost me about $24.00 that was for 2 powerades and to German Snags. Got me some tickets in the AMM platey they had there that is one awsome fishing rig. I also loved the look of the Origin boats they had on display those bloke were busy all day The Grady White the had on display in the upstairs pavilion was one of my favourites to along with a couple of those sea foxes bought a couple of Lures from the tackle shops they had there and listened to some of the speakers and picked up a few more tips. Got a bloke coming back to me about a 175 Suzuki 4 stroke and what trade I would get on my motor (should be interesting) ala in all a had a great day out with my daughter looking forward to the next one. Also loved the V8 supercharged 100 series cruiser 4x4 section was interesting to lots off goodies I cannot afford haha.

Quote Originally Posted by fisho8 View Post
    I got there with my daughter at 10am Friday car parks were full so I park in the hospital carpark and walked up I saw Phil and another bloke up in the building above the cafe you guys looked busy and were talking with someone and I did not want to butt in. Lunch cost me about $24.00 that was for 2 powerades and to German Snags. Got me some tickets in the AMM platey they had there that is one awsome fishing rig. I also loved the look of the Origin boats they had on display those bloke were busy all day The Grady White the had on display in the upstairs pavilion was one of my favourites to along with a couple of those sea foxes bought a couple of Lures from the tackle shops they had there and listened to some of the speakers and picked up a few more tips. Got a bloke coming back to me about a 175 Suzuki 4 stroke and what trade I would get on my motor (should be interesting) ala in all a had a great day out with my daughter looking forward to the next one. Also loved the V8 supercharged 100 series cruiser 4x4 section was interesting to lots off goodies I cannot afford haha.
    If the two mystery blokes were talking to the Garmin guy then I was probably the non-Phill dude and chances are we were talking about nothing that had the slightest thing to do with Tinnies or Tackle so ya should have said G'day.

I had a quick look a the Sea Foxes too.....just my opinion but I think they were a case of good from a far but far from good.

All you blokes that seemed to do a lot of ogling over boats sounded like you had a good time but was I the only one that checked out the Isuzu chick?
    Wholly crap......nice smooth lines, great curves and looked like an absolute work of art up close.....flawless.Price?.....Oh I'd hate to think.

Muddy, we are talking about the slim little thing at the isuzu stand, that suntan looked like a spray on job...but i hear where ya coming from.

Quote Originally Posted by Still_Dreamin View Post
    Got a pretty good deal on a Tournanment 1750! Should pick it up next weekend after on water test, can't wait.
    Well done again.. That's what it is all about, hope they all sold a few boats, motors, trailers and year some fishing gear too although you would think we all have more than we will ever need. Now we just need some nice days..