Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brissie tinnie and tackle show

Re: Brissie tinnie and tackle show

Quote Originally Posted by Tangles View Post
    met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

I also found out apparently im buying Phill brekkie at the boaties market? got some good information from Solas, saw the new Furuno 627, nice piece of kit and stocked up on the jerky.

The origin boat is a solid lump of a boat,
    Well Mike, if you have stocked up on jerky just take that on Sunday and feed it to Phill for breakfast . How much tackle did you buy Mike???

Probably see you down there Mike, is the old fart TOL heading down?? No doubt he will need another 50 rods and reels......sorry TOL, hope to see you there mate.

Cheers

Paul

I think the chick liked me ,got my 600ml coke for the bargain price of $4.80

I had not been to the T & T show for a couple of years and was expecting a lesser show this year because of the demise of a few of the usually participating boat dealers in recent years. However, I was very pleasantly surprised by the scope of what was on show. It actually seemed to be a bigger show than I had come to expect.

Interestingly enough, unlike what I had seen in my more recent, previous attendances, there was plenty of quality tackle on sale. I cannot comment on prices as you really need to know your prices before you go to those shows but I thought that what I saw was pretty good - especially at the better class end of the tackle continuum - an end that has not always been evident in recent years. I was not in the market for tackle so all I bought in that regard was a couple of spools of my favourite monofilament, Platypus Super-100, but the prices seemed pretty good on that stuff. The T Curve rods at one stand must have been well priced because the rack was full of them at 10.30 am and totally empty when I went past at 2.30 pm.

Do yourselves a huge favour, though, if you can. Take the free train from the city on the weekend. It took a fair while to get through the parking maze into the place this morning.

I especially enjoyed Bill Corten's talk on sounders at the start of play and, indeed, it is a real tribute to Bill that the "auditorium" was packed for that talk. Very flash for the first presentation of the day. Well done, Bill!

I was keen to hear the talk on the use of fishing and boating apps on Smartphones. However, although the speaker knew his stuff and presented well, I did not find a lot of novel material in his talk and indeed I left half-way through the presentation. I expect that it won't take long before a raft of new fishing and boating apps make that talk a much richer experience.

I spent no time in the 4X4 part of the show as I have no interest in that stream. However, it did seem to be a particularly vibrant part of the show. It would not be too hard to get a very full day's enjoyable entertainment at the combined T & T/ 4X4 Show for your $12 (Racq discounted) ticket.

Yup - a coupla meat pies and a soda squash at the bar cost me a bit under $14 and that might seem a bit dear. I actually don't know what such things cost away from home in other places.

..... but what the heck, overall, I thought that the show offered very good entertainment and educational value this year and I am pleased to recommend it - which is a quite contrary position to that which I have expressed after the previous couple of T & T shows that I had been to.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    is that you I see most days standing out on the Terrace????
    Yeah probably greg I am the clean shaven bloke and my off wider looks like a skinny colonel sanders haha ,yeah I've been on the terrace since July . That's not you with the blue ute with the canopy ....Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

no Matt..white Hi lux..will drop by and have a chat one morning

Quote Originally Posted by Yellowjack View Post
    Was there this morning aswell!

Picked up lots a bits and pieces for my new toy (have been out of the fishing action lately, working 24/7 to pay for it)
    I pick it up next week and will post photos but i picked up alot of bargains there!!

The best bargain I got was an Environet for $25. I have seen them at different tackle stores for $50-$75??
    Section 820 on the official courier map. There was only about 15 left on show (all different sizes), so i suggest heading in early if your after one! (dont know if they had extra stock)

Cheers,
    Jack

I also grabbed one definitley a bargain of something that is usually not on sale very often

Well I got there at 1.30 after struggling to find a car park, met up with "Tangles"???? and caught the end of Can Do on the stage. Yeh T&T Show impressive once again, appeals to me a lot more than the Bris boat Show. Grabbed some plastics, leader, jerky, and other odds and ends, met some mates. I saw some Berkley Drop Shot rods for $40 and I already have one but those flash fishing shirts at th AFN Book stand (fishing tackle section) look ok for $30. Caught the end of Bill C talk on bar crossings, he certainly knows his sh#t. Only disappointment for me was finding out Lucky Phill pissed off as soon as I arrived so he didn't have to buy me a beer.

[QUOTE=Tangles;1365550]met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

I also found out apparently im buying Phill brekkie at the boaties market? got some good information from Solas, saw the new Furuno 627, nice piece of kit and stocked up on the jerky.

Was that 'Nuggets 1 pm talk on Greenback Talior from the surf? I was going to travel two hours today and two hours back home,just to see that talk,I only found out about it this morning,-I'd have been pi$$ed off had I have come all that way and that egg head newman made him cut it short

Guys, this is the main reason I go to this show.

To catch with old AF aquaintances and to meet the new ones .

I did catch up with more people than I thought I would.

Had many a ' chat '.

Sussed out the new Garmin gear with a personal guided tour from Kitty-Cat ( Wayne )

That was about it for me...... If I had more time, I would have stayed until the curtain dropped at 5pm.

Yes Mike, and breakfast is at Brekki time, not gentlemens hours on Sunday,,,, I'll be at the gates by 6. You might have to shout thedeckie a snag as well

Yes, the Pollies were out in force at the show..

Mark Robinson MP, Senator Ron Boswell and Noddy ( Premier elect ), all showing up to offer there bit......any presenter on stage, or highjack them after their talk.

See some of you at the Boaties market on Sunday

Sorry I missed ya Mike D, I was walking out the gate at 1.30pm.

Cheers phill
    Last edited by Lucky_Phill; 23-03-2012 at 10:20 PM.
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

[QUOTE=darter;1365699]
    met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

Was that 'Nuggets 1 pm talk on Greenback Talior from the surf? I was going to travel two hours today and two hours back home,just to see that talk,I only found out about it this morning,-I'd have been pi$$ed off had I have come all that way and that egg head newman made him cut it short
    Yep that was the talk, Nugget got through gear tackle and rigs but really didnt get through times/tides as got the windup but he was still up there for a while and one of the better talks,

How many brekkies are you having Phill?
    Tangles KFC

All you blokes talking about a use of sounders presentation by Bill Corten......I must have missed it.

The only thing I saw was the Lucky Phill and Kitty Cat shout out tribute show presented by Bill this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by wayno60 View Post
    23rd-25th March, cant think of a better way to spend my birthday, well i could but it will do...
    Happy Birthday for the day Wayno.....mine was Thursday.
    Going to treat my self to a new rod and maybe reel is there are any decent bargains to be had. Surf casting is the go.

[QUOTE=darter;1365699]

I was going to listen to that talk as well but got distracted. I am glad that I didn't now. Bloody politicians! What boofhead allowed Newman to impose himself like that? We have had enough politics without having it imposed on our recreational activties like that.

These guys think that they are the centre of the universe!

Where we're the drop shot rods located??

Thanks.

I think I will head in Sunday morning after the Boaties market and have a look around.