Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Brissie tinnie and tackle show

Re: Brissie tinnie and tackle show

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    none..she is staying at my place and does not want to go to the show.

Can you still handle it Greg . You need to leave her for the younger generations.

We are talking fishing right

Hope to get there Sat, and if I do I’ll be wearing my Ausfish shirt.
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

UPDAtE on the parking they are wanting everyone parking at the RNA yo enter via O'CONELl Terrace I hope that helps in some way .... Matt
    A bad days fishing has got to be better than any day at work......

LUCKY,

Matt, I just looked up the parking arrangemenst you mentioned on here earlier and am about to leave.

Was heading for Gregory Terrace...

Thanks for the heads up... see you there , where will you be ?

cheers Phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    parking on Friday which will be on the oval of Gregory terrace as usual but saterday and Sunday Gregory terrace will be closed near the RNA and parking will be of o'connell terrace which is on the northern side of the RNA . The y are running trains to the show grounds on the weekend....Matt
    Today is OK for gregory terrace Phill.

Phill Ian doing traffic control up at the top gate museum end of the industrial pavilion , the car park was full by 10am because the bottom oval of Gregory terrace is water logged so they aren't parking anyone there hence why they sent everyone via O'coon ell terrace . I a heading in tomorrow after work about 1 pm , at least parking won't be an issue at 5.30 in the morning when I start work , enjoy the day guys ...Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Triple View Post
    Today is OK for gregory terrace Phill.
    Wrong chaos reigns supreme I am here watching it ll happen and tomorrow Gregory terrace will definitely be closed to through traffic ... Matt

enjoyed the show...especially the yamaha barra display...picked up some sp's and jigheads..TT's jighead whole range $7, zman's $7 and swimerrz $12 pretty good discount, squidgies pro range $7..stocked up for the trip(move) north...nearly just nearly was convinced to buy a stradic for $200 i think thats for the whole stradic range.. but just bought a new rod so couln't talk myself into it..there was alot of BIG tinnies there but really not that great a selection of the smaller gear which surprised me a bit....4x4 comp cars are great to watch...all in all good $15 spent..i bussed it in which made life easy and cheaper...not many people doing this though...was alot of crappy gear on sale which made me laugh because you can buy alot of it on ebay for $1 if you are patient...well close enough anyway...

would have loved to spend more time there but i'm in between night shifts and havent slept yet so i'm off..hope you all enjoy the show

Thanks.

I got there at 8.40am. No traffic on streets leading up to RNA.

Parked in centre ring... on mud !!!

I came from the south, took M1 then Clem 7... easy as.

All good.

BUT.......... $5 for a 600ml coke FFS !!!!!!!!!!!

LP
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Quote Originally Posted by bluefin59 View Post
    Phill Ian doing traffic control up at the top gate museum end of the industrial pavilion , the car park was full by 10am because the bottom oval of Gregory terrace is water logged so they aren't parking anyone there hence why they sent everyone via O'coon ell terrace . I a heading in tomorrow after work about 1 pm , at least parking won't be an issue at 5.30 in the morning when I start work , enjoy the day guys ...Matt
    is that you I see most days standing out on the Terrace????

Was there this morning aswell!

Picked up lots a bits and pieces for my new toy (have been out of the fishing action lately, working 24/7 to pay for it)
    I pick it up next week and will post photos but i picked up alot of bargains there!!

The best bargain I got was an Environet for $25. I have seen them at different tackle stores for $50-$75??
    Section 820 on the official courier map. There was only about 15 left on show (all different sizes), so i suggest heading in early if your after one! (dont know if they had extra stock)

Cheers,
    Jack

Yeah it was an enjoyable opening day of the show. Phil got plenty of mentions in the first seminar of the day on sounders Also really enjoyed the talk on Cobia in the bay, will have to test some of my gear out on 'em (once I learn how to use my sounder better after today !)

I've got to say those mexican (southern state) tackle guys that come up for the show are ripoff merchants, most of their gear was cheap junk. I had hoped to see some of the new name-brand tech being shown off but no such luck. I think I only bought stuff from All-Round Angler, those guys are always helpful and their prices at the show were good when you pushed 'em for a deal. Also like to support the local business. And as Phil mentioned $5 for a coke, yeah take some snacks from home and pocket the $50 you'd blow on lunch on something you'd rather use in the boat

The 4x4 show was pretty good too, giving me all kinds of ideas I shouldn't be thinking. Converting the Patrol into almost a tent-a-van on wheels and tow the boat up to the Daintree and disappear from society for a while !!

All in all well worth the time (and entry fee + parking ><) .. Paul Worsteling will be there Sat/Sun and I bet that little area they have for the seminars will be standing room only. Enjoy the madness !

it was good having a chat to you lp enjoyed the talk bill corten was good as usal the rest of the show wasnt bad met roothy from 4wd action what a nice fella

met up with Phill, Mike D, Searaider..Campbell Newman arrived to make a speech so Nuggets on beach fishing got cut short.

I also found out apparently im buying Phill brekkie at the boaties market? got some good information from Solas, saw the new Furuno 627, nice piece of kit and stocked up on the jerky.

The origin boat is a solid lump of a boat,
    Tangles KFC

Caught Bill's Sounder show picked up quite a few tips, his advice backed up my decision to buy the new HDS gen 2 + Structure scan.Then he drops the shame bomb
    To all you cheap pricks out there buying sounders o/seas how about supporting the local guys ? Gee thx Bill @#$%^ sure I can do that kicking my toes all the way over to the boy's at Bias to find their show specials where only $200 dearer than the US deal that had been weeks in the making So thx Bill we all need a slap of wake up to yourself every now and again.
    Sat in the same row as LP and my mate couldn't get near LP for the autograph hunters Will catch up next one Phil.

So my advice catch as many of Bills shows as you can and chase the bargins they are there if you look for them
    cheers
    Dick