Thread: Show & Tell...

Show & Tell...

Hello

I asked my Baba to take me out on the boat to catch a Flathead for 'show & tell' on Monday. Even though my Baba was very busy, he still found a few hours on Sunday morning to take me. We went to a Creek that my Baba used to fish a lot in the 90's, when i was still in 'Mummy's tummy' (they say the funniest things at times!). Baba showed me some photos of the flatties he caught there and i told him i wanted to catch one like them to take to school for show & tell. He woke me up at 5.00am and we left home at 6.00am.

We started fishing about 6.30am using Baba's favourite flathead lures. Baba covered a lot of ground but said we had to be patient until the tide dropped so i just ate my snacks and watched Baba as he occassionally checked the lures for weed. He took us back to his favourite spot and finally, Baba says we're on and i run over and grab the rod from him. I asked him to help me but he said i had to do it myself so he could net the fish. So i reeled the fish in and it felt heavy, but i listened and did everything Baba said, and he netted the fish and brough it into the boat. I was very very excited as this was my first very legal flattie. We measured it and it was 54cm, so we put it into the esky. Baba reminded me about the spikes and how we had to handle the fish so we wouldn't spike ourselves. I told Baba it was his turn and 30mins later, Baba gets one that measured 59cm. This time i got the net for him but he wouldn't let me scoop it because i was too little, but he let me hold the rod while he netted it. We tried to get a 3rd one for another 20mins before Baba took me on a fast ride, as fast as the boat could go, that he promised me. Then we went home.

Bye
    Jibreel

PS: My Show & Tell this morning was very very exciting and my classmates and teachers were very excited too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Juju Flattie S&T (3).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	31.8 KB 
ID:	77565
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Re: Show & Tell...

love hearing about the kids that get hooked on fishing at an early age.....fantastic.

Nice work jibreel..!!

That's the first of many more to come I'm sure:-)

Cheers
    Lochie

Ausfish Platinum Member gruntahunta's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well done young fella...I am assuming Baba is the sam as Papa or Dada?... keep fishing, it will always be there for you.

Gotta Love Maroochydore.

Great fish Jibreel. I like the way you wrote your post. You will have to ask your dad to set up your own user name for Ausfish
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

GRUNTAHUNTA: Baba = all of the above etc... (arabic for Dad)

HORSE: Neil, LOL! He's a bit young to have his own profile... You need a psychology degree to partcipate on these boards... PML!!
    home is where the loan is...
    Helping people get the RIGHT Home Loan

Very nice...
    Cheers and thanks.

"Tackle Whore on a budget..."
    Gonzo II – Brooker 4.5m 40hp Yam & Outlaw Kayak
    Fish Well, Fish Egrell

http://www.ecofishersqld.org.au

Well done Jibreel and I hope many many more to come for you in the future