Thread: boat rules and safety gear

boat rules and safety gear

hi all i got my licence about 15 years ago and i have a 12 foot tinnie i just wanted to know what rules and reg has changed and a list of safety gear that ya need now days would be good as im not that good on a computer
    my rides 3.7 m tinnie
    V8 vn ss
    GQ swb patrol

Re: boat rules and safety gear

Go into your local Dept Transport Customer Service Centre and ask them for a free copy "The Guide to Recteatiomal Boating", read it from cover to cover and you cannot go wrong - also gives you all info on fishing as well.

Grab yourself a free copy of the "no go zones" booklet as well .

you can also do a "refresher course" with your local boat licence provider, he/she will charge between $100 to $150 for that depending on if you want to drive his/her boat.

I don't think the boating rules have changed that much, I would be more worried about the Green Zones and fish regulations. They seem to change every 6 months or so.

Beacon to Beacon contains the basic details you need.

Quote Originally Posted by *shrek* View Post
    hi all i got my licence about 15 years ago and i have a 12 foot tinnie i just wanted to know what rules and reg has changed and a list of safety gear that ya need now days would be good as im not that good on a computer
    Shrek, Go to you local VMR/Coast Guard base and get a briefing from one of the skippers or the duty officer. Small Ships and Beacon to Beacon books are good reference as well. Send me a PM with email address and I'll post you a heap of stickers along with the Qld Guide to Recreational Boating free. Also have a look at vhfradiocourse.com

Promo Selction for Buyer.JPG
    Peter
    engage, educate, encourage