Thread: Soft plastics at Ballina

Soft plastics at Ballina

Hi again,
    I know this has been mentioned before but I thought I would mention todays trip..
    Went to the Lizard hotspot at ballina today at low tide and was casting away for 15 minutes and got nil hits so I recalled that someone else had mentioned about bagging out on Soft Plastics at this same spot.

It was a nice low tide so I ventured into the water and headed to the rock bar ( 5 little rocks in a circle about 1.3metres across) with water up to my knees and with the sun on the water it was lit up up like a christmas tree!!

Rubbers aplenty stuck all over the rocks with a few thrown around on the sand for good measure.
    Went back to my car and grabbed a small bucket and proceeded to fill it up.
    A few fishos turned up and thought I was after bait or something and ignored me mostly until I got back to the bank and they checked out my catch and then they got in and started looking around, Pretty funny really!!

While I was there I picked up about a big garbage bag full of rubbish,cans,bottles and maccas bags n S**t left there by the X generation or whoever that were too lazy too put it in the garbage bin 50 metres away.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-03-04 15.56.18 (Medium).jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	77549

Got about 70 so should be right for a few trips now
    P.S. Could you lizard guys use some hardbodies for a change as I wouldnt mind a few of them too.
    cheers, steve.

Re: Soft plastics at Ballina

quality catch there.
    fishing's as simple as 3 P's - patience, perserverance and PLASTIC!

Squidgy Killer tomato is a big seller in Ballina obviously.

I wonder if it was the same fishers that left all those as there seems to be a lot of the same brand in that pile.

It is disgusting to see the amount of rubbish that gets left around the place.

Yep, Like Mudriverdan said, Killer tomato is popular.
    I use them too but havent lost too many there.
    There was about 50m of line in total connected to some of the SP,s so it was a case of find line and see whats on the end of it.
    Not bad for 10 mins work.
    As far as the rubbish goes, I would hate to see what these people have at their homes if this is the way they treat their fishing spots.

On another note there was a turtle release on main beach yesty by the Lance ferris marine wildlife rescue group where they let 5 turtles go back into the Ocean. Stonecold and I saw them swim back up the river shortly after their release, probly safer there!!

good score,just spray a little vege oil on them to stop the hooks rusting.

Looks like it took one bloke 20 throws before he learned his lesson! Unbelieveable. You'd think you would learn after the first couple!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by braders83 View Post
    Looks like it took one bloke 20 throws before he learned his lesson! Unbelieveable. You'd think you would learn after the first couple!
    Or he didn't learn he just ran out?

Hahahaha thats awesome rabbi wow look at all those jig heads lol you wont need any for awhile.

WOW! Awesome find there mate!

Good result there Rabbi!! Somebody sure likes those Killer Tomatoes. Well done for picking up some rubbish too.

It's amazing the amount of line and stuff we find on the wall at Iluka. It shouldn't be too much of an effort to take it home surely.

Will be down your way next week targetting jew at the Middle Wall.

TOL

Don't get me started TOL...rubbish on the walls. Its gotten worse x10 since the councils have made the walls more accessible to the general public. I think the influx of ppl is one thing but, where fisho's use to take a small backpack or shoulder bag with the bare essentials, groups of people are now taking eskies on wheels and trolleys. Cartons of beer or spirits....mongrels can drag it out there but just cant seem to manage to put it back in the box and drag it out

Stonecold, surprisingly it's not so much cans and stubbies and the like, but there seems to be heaps of line everywhere.

Don't know why people just can't wrap it up and take it with them. We don't want to give the greenies too much ammunition.

Anyway, I'm hijacking the thread. Good to see a good haul of sp's.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post

Will be down your way next week targetting jew at the Middle Wall.

TOL
    As of this saturday, i will be doing the same for a week Love the middle wall

Yeah, might be alright kingcray. Early morning lows means early morning run ins.

If we can hold the bottom, we should be right at the end of the wall in the river side.

See what happens..........

TOL