Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Illegal fishing again

Re: Illegal fishing again

yeah,,,, thats shit
    Last edited by ShaneC; 21-03-2012 at 10:44 PM. Reason: I changed my mind on holding people to task

Quote Originally Posted by theangryangler View Post
    was at a "friends" restuarant a few months ago when a bloke from the dbay area drove up in a white AU falcon ute offering muddies for 15 bucks a piece, pretended to be interested and went out to his ute for a sus and discovered 30 buckets under the tonneu cover full of Jennies and undersize bucks!!!! He told me he had been selling to all the local chinese joints every week for the past 6months!!!! i estimates 200++crabs! called fisheries and gave his rego personal description and his name "john" to them and they stated that they would investigate him for this, He showed up again same ute same cover same buckets so i called the police who told me to call fisheries who gave me the response "the investigation is ongoing?!!! no wonder why i cant catch a single legal crab!!!! same restuarant a few year back and a white triton ute came in asking if we want to buy reef fish 10/KG had the back fullof them!!! cod trout and many other species bloke told me he had 300 kilos to sell!!! even had the name of his business on the side of the ute. once again reported but never saw a news story regarding this or the other bloke. Maybe a bit more funding from the pollies and they could do more......... Mongrel ppl these fishin folk that pillage for profit!!!!
    Just tell your mate to take the lot, tell the scum to just put them in the cold room for him while he gets the money and lock him in the cold room and start a new cheifs speical or ring the fisheries or the police and tell them that has .........detained someone ..........for selling undersize product and have made a .......citizens arrest .........they will come strait away.

A word of warning! It is a fine line in the law to make an arrest unless you know your law. Far safer to distract the seller and call local cops, you do not want to be the one being sued/charged for wrongful arrests.

I am definatly against illegal fishing, but som idiots stick there nose in other peoples business before thinking. Last year i was netting a gutter for gar walking up a shallow part about 5.30 am. I see this guy about a kilometer up the beach, about half way threw he walks down the beach strait into the front of the net scaring anything away and yelling it is a illegal net and he is calling the fisheries he has another bloke in tow standing on the bank. Well the net is a standard 50 footer that you buy at any bait shop and totally legal. I told him to call fisheries and i wasn't going any were I also told him if he did not get out of the road i was going to #%$@!, so he moved. We pull the net in with bugger all in it and he looks at it and says or it looked illegal in the water.

Ausfish Gold Member ThePinkPanther's Avatar

Angry Re: Illegal fishing again

Mate, a couple of years back, I posted a topic on Ausfish called "The Asian Effect".

It ran for quite a long time, had heaps of replies and as expected, some people got all hot and bothered over some of the replies!

I worked in, around and about Asia for some thirty years, I KNOW these people! If it is wet, moves and can be eaten "they" will catch it and eat it!

And hey, they are bloody good at the catching bit! Watch the Yellow Raincoats in action when the prawns are on in the Logan and near the Powerlines ........... they know a thing or two about chucking cast nets!

Unconfirmed fact is the Vietnamese now own OVER 50% of the fishing and prawn trawlers operating out of Brisbane ........ !

Boating and Fisheries acting against them? What a joke! Pull up to a bunch of these yabbering clowns in their tinnies butchering the prawns and you will be confronted with a boat hook, machete, pick handle and "we come get your wife, we kill you".

Think I'm kidding? Guys, I work with the Qld Police as a volunteer, fourteen years now, I kid you not!

Pop down to Thompsons Beach at Victora Point in Moreton Bay mid week (never on weekends) and watch these guys trawl for periwinkles, shellfish, crawly "things" and then ask where all our foreshore fishing has gone!

And dont believe that illegal fishing takes decades to have a detrimental effect! I lived in PNG for twenty five years! The main beach in Port Moresby - Ela Beach - in 1973 - had a close-in shallow reef that back then was alive with all types of fish, shells, coral and almost equalled the inner Barrier Reef for marine life! Magnificent!

Then along came Independance and "White Mans Laws" collapsed overnight. By 1990, this little reef was, dead, gone, finished, exhausted and stripped of everything a reef should have. All in just over ten years!

Go the the fish markets in Manila in the Phillipines and if you don't shed tears of blood at what is for sale there then you ain't a fisherman! Hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of "baby" everythings! Primarily raping the reefs of every shell and piece of marie life that can be gotten, all for the tourist trade - us - who buy them in necklace and bracelet form. Don't even ask about fish sizes!

And you think these guys that Australia clamours to bring in are going to change their fishing habits? Yeh, ain't gunna happen!

Damn, now you've got me off topic and all hot 'n bovvered!
    Last edited by ThePinkPanther; 30-03-2012 at 08:27 AM. Reason: Type

What about all the people who targeted the boyne river barra during the closed season. Some where even congratulated on this forum and others for catching such beautiful big fish, but no one stood up and said hey...isnt that illegal. I know 99 percent of these fish were released but it doesnt change the fact that this still went on and the majority thought it was ok to do so.